Releases/Firefox 3.5.8/Test Plan
Firefox 3.5.8 Test Plan
Description of Release
This is a short-cycle security and sustained engineering release to fix three bugs.
Specific Plan for 3.5.8
We need to verify bug fixes and go through the usual testing for a maintenance release: smoketests, basic functional tests, l10n spot checks, and updates checks.
- QA starts: 1/20
- Builds start: 2/1
- QA with builds start: 2/1
- Smoketests: - 2 people - 2/1
- BFTs: - 2 people - 2/2
- l10n Testing: - 2 people - 2/3
- Beta period starts: February 2/4
- Betatest and Beta Channel Testing: - 2 people
- Final release: 2/17
- Releasetest & Release Channel Testing: - 2 people
- Smoketests: 2 people
- BFTs: 2 people
- l10n checks: 2 people
- Updates checks: 1 person
Bugs to Verify
- Focus on critical and security bugs first.
- Mark bug as verified adding the keyword verified1.9.1