Releases/Firefox 7/Final Signoffs
This page will track declaring the latest mozilla-beta build as the final in this cycle and starting the build off of the mozilla-release repository.
Please note that issues found in the final moments of the beta period may still require us to rebuild before release
- 1 Focus Areas
- 1.1 Tracking Details
- 1.2 Stability
- 1.3 QA
- 1.4 Mobile Engineering
- 1.5 Add-ons
- 1.6 Security
- 1.7 Localization
- 1.8 Build Mechanics
- 1.9 Web Content
Watching these, were debating about a rebuild:
- bug 687973 - Disable http:// hiding in location bar
- bug 687295 - Remove deflate-stream support
- bug 667592 - Telemetry prompt doesn't stay open long enough
We are watching two other bugs as well, in case they blow up:
- bug 687951 - "too much recursion" errors with large compiled JS files
- bug 680927 - Startup crash in mozcomp.dll with IBM Tivoli Access Manager
- 7.0b6 ADU still too low to get much information. Based on 7.0b5 data, we look ok.
- Both mobile and desktop stability looks good for 7.0 release.
- bug 686441 - Calling it out since it is correlated to the Better Facebook extension. 102 crashes in B6 and almost 4K in the last week across all versions.
- bug 684748 - Comcast issue. Should be resolved this week but due to volume we are tracking this really closely.
Mobile specific stability notes
- No known blockers.
- Mobile Crash Report Sept. 19, 2011
- Desktop: holding pattern
- Any help needed on the bugs listed in Tracking Details?
- bug 669995 - Virtual keyboard does not automatically appear on etherpad
- Desktop: none -- let's do this thing!
- Mobile: signed-off, no blocking issues
- Compatibility with Firefox 7 is 87%.
- Some add-ons with binary components, but mostly a long tail of non-binary add-ons.
- Review queues are getting *long*.
- We're scaling up. There's now a full time editor who will help us with this. It is not clear if it'll be enough, though.
- The Firefox 7 release will also generate many new updates.
- no known blockers
Review of Embedded Add-On Prefs sched for 2011.09.28, however, we don't foresee issues that would block at this time.
- Ready to go
- One last heads up: 7.0 final builds will NOT be pushed out to beta users, unlike 5.0 and 6.0.
- No Website changes for product.
- We will not be showing a What's New page with this release, but it will be coming back for the next cycle.
- Need release notes, but otherwise ready to go.
Release Notes status?