Reps/Council/Berlin Meeting 2016/Logistics
From Tegel Airport
- Buy a single ticket for Berlin AB at the BVG counter in Tegel Airport, ticket machine (no credit cards) or directly from the bus driver (price: 2,60 EUR). You only need one ticket for the Bus and the metro. The ticket is valid for 2 hours going in one direction. If you're planing to go around the city more that same day, a one day ticket is perfect.
- Look for the sign on the outside roof to take the Bus 128 until the station "Osloer Strasse", it's the last stop. Frequency is around 10 minutes.
- Go down to the metro at take line U8 in direction "Boddinstrasse" or "Hermannstrasse".
- Get off at "U Heinrich-Heine-Straße" (9 stops) the hotel is around 600 mts. Check the map below for more details, or this link from Google Maps.
- The trip is around 45 minutes in total.
During the event
- The distance to the venue is walkable, so we won't be using public transport during the event.
- If you want to visit the office, there's more information below.
All participants will be sharing double rooms. Here is the hotel address: NH Heinrich Heine Heinrich-Heine-Platz 11 10179 Berlin, Germany +49 30 278040
We'll be at Betahaus a Berliner coworking space located a couple of minutes away from the hotel. Address: Betahaus Prinzessinnenstraße 19-20 10969 Berlin
How to get from the Hotel to the Venue
- The hotel is located 10 minutes away from the venue.
- The distance is around 800 mts.
Berlin Office Haus 10, Treppe 6 Voltastr. 5 13355 Berlin Germany
How to get to the office
The closest metro line is the U8, you will need a single ticket (2,60 €). Go to Moritzplatz or U Heinrich-Heine-Straße station. Take U8 direction Osloer Strasse, get off at Voltastrasse (6-7 stops).
Get out of the station and take "Voltastrasse" street, check street posts since the left side of the crossroad is not the same street as the right one.
The office is an industrial complex 5 minutes walking from the crossroad, look for Voltastr. 5 where you'll see a Mozilla sign. Enter the complex and turn right. On the back of the complex, keep walking and look for "Haus 10, Treppe 6" door. The map below can help you find the office. There's a sign, so you shouldn't get lost. It's on the second floor!
- Breakfast will be at the Hotel and it's included.
- Lunch and coffee break snacks will be catered to the venue
- Dinners will take place in restaurants close to the venue
If you are lost or you have any questions, e-mail or call Rosana or Konstantina (info to be shared on an email for privacy reasons).
Averages for April:
- Temperature: 9°C (47°F)
- Low Temperature: 4°C (39°F)
- High Temperature: 13°C (55°F)
- Sunshine Hours: 9 hrs
- Rainfall: 41mm
- Rainfall days: 13 days
- Chance of cloudy day: 100%
Hop on Hop off on public transportation Tour
You can see most of Berlin's touristics spots by using the public transportation. The most famous bus line, especially for tourists, is bus route 100 or 200, which leaves from Zoo Station ("Berlin Zoologischer Garten") or, if you want to go the other way round, Alexanderplatz. This crosses most of historic Berlin, including many of the sites listed on Wikitravel. For the price of a city bus ticket or daily pass, it's possible to see many of the landmarks of Berlin from one of these yellow double-decker buses. Sit up top as it's easier to see the Bundestag, as well as the many historic buildings on Unter den Linden. If you're lucky, you'll get the legendary bus-driver who delivers a commentary (in Berlin-accented German) on the trip. Line 200 takes nearly the same route, but it goes through the modern quarters around Kulturforum (Philharmonie, museums) and Potsdamer Platz. Either ride is a must for any visitor to Berlin. Check out the following links: