From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


  • Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.



  • KaiRo will solicit opinions on whether to use the new "pretty names" system for our release builds that Firefox and Thunderbird are using.
  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: "We don't have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time." - We can only wait right now.


SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1

Bug Queries

open blockers (1) all blockers (2) blocker requests (1)

  • SeaMonkey developers will need to nominate bugs that they think should be considered for blocking Beta 1.
    • IanN: more triage of the blocker nominations?
  • Tentative Beta 1 freeze date?
    • Proposed Thunderbird 3.0 beta 3 dates: Firm string/code freeze: Tuesday, July 14
    • We shall also need to do a L10n freeze at that time. We hope to release L10n builds off the automated harness KaiRo is working on.
    • Agreed that we sync the SM2.0b1 schedule with the dmose proposal for TB3.0b3.
  • Blocker bug 484175 (History Import from SeaMonkey 1.1.x is not working): how can we progress?
    • This is due to the order in which toolkit starts up. Discussions on various ways to fix this for SeaMonkey. But no progress to date.
  • bug 482443 We should decide what to do about the password migration problem. mcsmurf will look into this.
  • Tabmail is still missing. It needs a bit more work and reviews, but it's reaching a usable state.
    • Prerequisite for Lightning which we would like to support in final.

SeaMonkey 2 Beta 2

Bug Queries

open blockers (0) all blockers (0) blocker requests (3)

  • We might want to take bug 474701 depending on how it works out in Thunderbird.

Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted (11) wanted requests (21)

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 34 new, 19 fixed, 96 triaged.

Major wanted/needed features:

  • Download manager aftermath:
    • bug 474622 Hook up delete key to deleting entries in new download manager - Jens is progressing on tests, one of them found a bug in the dlmgr implementation
    • bug 490464 Update the Download pref pane for use with new DLMGR - KaiRo working on making the panel usable again
  • Toolbar customization aftermath:
    • bug 481862 We still need small button icons for modern in MailNews. Misak seems to be back. Ratty will work with him to get the small icons polished off.
  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
    • Patch updated to trunk. Currently Mnyromyr is fixing the reviewer's nits.
  • bug 456757 Modern theme update. prometeo has stepped up to work on this.
    • No News.
  • bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
    • No News.
  • bug 348720 New icon set for "SeaMonkey Default Theme".
    • No News.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
    • We probably need to move this item to (or Beta 2?).
  • bug 460953 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
    • There isn't any urgent need for progress on this as long as we don't break. It might be good for extensions if we to convert our folder pane to be JS-driven e.g. calendar wants to put items there.


Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).







  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
  • Blocker triaging.
  • In all day meeting so will not be at Status Meeting, will read minutes later.



  • Created a patch for bug 495680 Problems with import of downloads.rdf after switch to toolkit download manager.
  • Reviewed bug 500209 Installer build fails with "pretty names" for release packages.
  • Nominated bug 474709 Subscribing to a feed (triggered by an external application) while no RSS account is present, does nothing for beta 2, I found that bug very irritating as I did not know I need to create a RSS account first so that anything happens. The user probably also does not know about this.






  • Bugs fixed:
    • bug 156734 embed objects not shown in page info preview.
    • [toolkit] bug 489580 Whitespace cleanup customizeToolbar.{js|xul} files (fixed bitrot for checkin).
  • Working on:
  • Blocked on:
    • bug 481862 Small buttons for MailNews. Working on the CSS part.
  • Bug triage: Various.
  • AgitProp and PR in


  • Triaged Reopened bugs (to Unconfirmed/New/...). (and more)
  • Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:
    • bug 496343 Remove remnant pref-applications-edit.dtd locale file
    • bug 498898 debugQAMenuOverlay.xul: remove extra 'index.cgi/' part in links
  • And working on other areas... like
    • infrastructure to run tests
    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
    • doing an (experimental) Windows mozilla-central SeaMonkey build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; looking forward to SM/m-c builds now that KaiRo is setting up the new buildbot slaves (bug 464325 follow-ups).




Any other business?

  • Should we use the "pretty name" system used by FF (and IIRC TB as well) for our release builds?
    • We would have structures and names like win32/en-US/SeaMonkey Setup 2.0 Alpha 4.exe.
    • No disagreements so we shall proceed with pretty names for releases.
  • Move comm-1.9.1/SeaMonkey-Ports boxes to production? (turning off the old configurations currently reporting to the SeaMonkey waterfall).
    • This probably means having to move to static nightlies.
      • Discussion on performance impact if moving to static builds and then to libxul for some later release.
    • Would leave the Mac 10.4 unit test box running for a while as the 10.5 ones still have a bit of instability in terms of unit tests.
    • Could at least turn on build cycles for comm-central + mozilla-central ("comm-central-trunk") once that's done as the old Linux and Windows machines will join the new slave pools. In this case, we probably should introduce an ifdef'd version number switch like Thunderbird does.
    • Agreed if we should move those new buildbots to production the version number we should use (ifdef'd as with TB) for [c-c]+[m-c] is 2.1a1pre.
    • We should create a SeaMonkey2.0 waterfall page and move the comm-1.9.1 boxes there. Then create comm-central-trunk boxes reporting to the SeaMonkey waterfall page.
    • We lose unit test boxes on SeaMonkey for now as we don't have enough OSX boxes to run unit tests for c-c+m-c, but we don't think we need unit tests on highly experimental trunk-trunk builds just yet.