SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: "We don't have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time." - We can only wait right now.
- KaiRo found out that the contact at Google changed. Also, discussing a possible open Geolocation service.
SeaMonkey 1.1.19 (1.x EOL)
- 26 fixed bugs, mostly security issues
- In parallel to Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (targeted March 15)
- NOT all known security vulnerabilities fixed, but better than 1.1.18
- Announcement will primarily be about 1.x EOL, with a pointer that a somewhat improved 1.1.19 is available, but real security is only found in the latest 2.0 update.
- Based on Gecko 184.108.40.206, targeted for March 30.
- Thunderbird 3.0.4 should be synched up with us as well this time.
- If things work as planned, we'll have five versions to be released on the same day (FF 3.0.19/3.5.9/3.6.2, SM 2.0.4, TB 3.0.4) - see Releases - that can get really interesting.
- The impact SM and TB make is that mirrors take longer to sync as it's more files - especially in the case where we have 5 releases with a number of locales.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 48 new, 15 fixed, 34 triaged.
- Triage seems to pick up a bit now, but fixing slowed down a bit.
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 423281 Help updates.
- InvisibleSmiley has been working on updating help.
- bug 463903 (form autocomplete documentation).
- FAQ to cover e.g. double-click / down arrow in form fields?
- No progress to report.
- bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn't pay a price for having venkman installed [Mnyromyr].
- Needs at least a core patch landing for 220.127.116.11 bug 364864 (nsICategoryManager::deleteCategoryEntry does not persist outside of component registration).
- No progress to report.
- bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service [mcsmurf].
- No progress to report.
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie].
- Postponed until mcsmurf (or sgautherie) can resume work on it.
- No progress.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- Jeffrey Lee, a Seneca student, is looking into that!
- bug 498596 Places bookmarks.
- KaiRo has everything that's directly in the browser window working (haven't tested all context menu entries in toolbar items though), no management yet, but started a thread about that on m.d.a.seamonkey to know which way to go.
- bug 480734 Satchel data editor ("Form Manager").
- unowned so far.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 1.9.3) Composer.
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
- bug 545110 Add/port about:support (Troubleshooting Information page) to SeaMonkey
- Depends on bug 518607 Move the Troubleshooting Information page into toolkit so other apps like Thunderbird and SeaMonkey can use it.
We also should take a look at the other items on wanted-seamonkey2.1+
- We need to find a solution for Lightning, which is targeting Thunderbird 3.1 now.
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 545299 XML-RPC WebService should take and return dates and times in UTC.
- bug 546103 Remove remnant MOZ_PERF_METRICS.
- bug 540472 Resync' config/static-checking-config.mk (etc) from m-c.
- bug 543159 Port |Bug 454256 - --enable-static firefox builds should error in configure| to comm-central.
- bug 543382 Port |Bug 467862 - Build system should support building both a static and a shared library from the same Makefile| to comm-central.
- bug 550657 Port |Bug 485409 - Substitute windows-style paths in configure when building with pymake| to comm-central.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Working on:
- Provided a patch:
- bug 192728 Add possibility to drag downloaded files from download window and drop/move them to desktop (as example).
- We got 4 new Mac minis (bug 526208), I integrated them into our build pools (bug 526213)
- Filed a bug for Parallels VM restructuring (bug 548085), Phong from Mozilla IT did it - thanks a lot for that!
- Brought back the first Mac mini into the normal build pool (bug 537912)
- Turned on all test suite on trunk debug builds (bug 504344)
- Did a patch that hopefully should fix packaged mailnews tests (bug 541235)
- Got graphs server posting moved to production (bug 492406)
- Ported some places performance patches to SeaMonkey history (bug 547815)
- Worked on the start of Services.jsm usage in SeaMonkey (bug 548715)
- Got German language pack listed on AMO's SeaMonkey Dictionaries and Language Pack page (bug 548271)
- Created candidate builds for SeaMonkey 1.1.19, stopped 1.1.x nightlies in preparation for 1.x EOL.
- Windows leak stats fix could land (bug 547540), updated SeaMonkey master to unpatched and current buildbotcustom.
- Ported a places interface change to SeaMonkey history (bug 550234).
- Made significant progress on places bookmarks support (bug 498596).
- Started a discussion on m.d.a.seamonkey about bookmarks manager style.
- Did a few build system reviews.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 507896 Upgrading Seamonkey changes file type icon for HTML files to mail (REOPENED).
- bug 537525 Profile importer should not treat error as fatal when reading from Windows registry.
- (Will push to comm-central when the tree is green again).
- bug 549129 Port changes for Visual Studio 2010 to configure.in.
Fixed (or in-progress) bugs:
- bug 547406 Port bug 485976 [Move writing sessionstore.js off the main thread] to SeaMonkey.
- bug 547710 Port bug 523771 [Support <input type=file multiple>] sessionstore part to SeaMonkey.
- bug 548208 Port bug 411930 [Crash reporter sends wrong URL when crashing during pageload] to SeaMonkey.
- bug 548496 Port bug 501423 [StorageEvent implementation does not match the spec] sessionstore bits to SeaMonkey.
- bug 480109 Provide tests for SeaMonkey sessionstore.
- bug 548211 Port bug 526613 [Need a notification representing the end of nsISessionStore.setBrowserState operation] to SeaMonkey.
- bug 548228 Port bug 528776 [getBrowserState considers closed windows as open] to SeaMonkey.
- bug 545730 make CallQueryInterface variant for nsRefPtr.
- bug 546900 Crash [@ nsURIHashKey::HashKey(nsIURI const*)].
- bug 467524 [SeaMonkey] FTP file upload not working.
- bug 480869 <marquee> display doesn't match IE7 at fairly large font sizes.
- bug 513691 Sanitize redesigned download progress window.
- bug 536739 nsMsgPrompt should use FormatString instead of hand-rolling string insertion.
- bug 539389 Very slow file manipulation deleting or moving messages (profile stored on synchronized network folder). Tb3 requests write for each line of mail data. Should use buffering.
- bug 551050 warning C4702: unreachable code (3x) in dlmalloc.c.
- bug 537448 Port bug 227305 (Support drag-drop single message to desktop / file-system window).
- bug 541665 Sync Suite pref-smartupdate.* with mozilla-central.
- bug 544661 Wrap the message pane in a hbox just like Thunderbird (Bug 544162)
- bug 539713 Simple Alive test for the Applications Prefpane (Port browser_bug410900.js).
- bug 549612 'View Background Image' context-menu item is always greyed out (Port bug 482941).
- bug 550469 [PageInfo] Sync changes from mozilla-central.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 547375 Port |Bug 515421 - do major/minor updates from Fx3.5x to Fx3.6x to make sure it all works| to SeaMonkey
- bug 548202 Port |Bug 511984 - Enable fast-startup component for Firefox| to SeaMonkey
- bug 549390 Package new layers library on shared builds
- bug 550018 [SeaMonkey, Debug] (Windows) Packaged tests are all T-FAIL due to missing dll(s)
- Fixed (or in-progress) MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 427750 Require python >= 2.4 to build Mozilla (and >=2.5 on Windows hosts)
- bug 463417 import win32 nsinstall source into mozilla-central, build by default on win32
- bug 474610 Hourly/Nightly builds should have some way to see which changeset was used
- bug 505289 Build fails on Vista or later with UAC enabled
- bug 505504 Add Windows 7 SDK to build machines
- bug 505739 Remove XCFLAGS from default compile line to fix mingw cross-compile issues
- bug 506845 targets are not rebuilt when archives from EXPAND_LIBNAME change
- bug 509249 Fast Startup component
- bug 517557 Get rid of --enable-canvas
- bug 517559 remove opengl32.dll dependency to fix Ts regression
- bug 518107 don't force re-linking on every build pass for PGO builds
- bug 518641 "make package-tests" doesn't work right on OS X universal builds
- bug 520224 fix TARGET_XPCOM_ABI for ppc64 and s390(x)
- bug 524139 eval .all.pp instead of including it
- bug 525331 use gcc-4.2 by default for Mac OS X trunk
- bug 526817 Port bug 526668 - add option to 'unify' to allow files to match if their sorted contents match
- bug 538528 Allow client.py network attempts to restart itself in case of failures
- bug 540470 Port |Bug 514131 - Kill xpcom/obsolete| to comm-central
- bug 545133 Remove MOZ_VALGRIND from comm-central
- bug 545320 Port |Bug 482156 - Get rid of (unnecessary) LIBGNOME dependency| and related follow-ups to comm-central
- bug 545594 Port |Bug 495224 - Builds involving symlinks in the source dir fail to find config/config.mk| to comm-central
- bug 547257 mdimporter 'MODULE' is defined too late
- bug 547609 configure.in: improve --disable-compile-environment option code
- bug 547690 QtUiTools is not required for Qt port compilation
- bug 548210 Port |Bug 509319 - Enable FIPS throws uncaught exception in toggleFIPS| to comm-central
- bug 496236 Resync' configure.in between c-1.9.1 and m-1.9.1
- bug 511791 configure and PGO fail with ICC
- bug 513709 configure.in: Remove some useless vars, mozilla-* ones are enough
- bug 545892 Shockwave kills aero glass on the browser
- Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
- bug 485405 Use gmake to build NSS, even when using pymake everywhere else
- bug 492228 [1.9.1] "random" |EXCEPTION: ReferenceError: gAutoconfVars is not defined|
- bug 492481 [Linux] mochitest-plain: layout/xul/base/test/test_resizer.xul needs to report success
- bug 499435 mochitest-browser-chrome: browser_420786.js needs to report "success"
- bug 501436 move Gecko 1.9.3 tinderboxes and production builds to Mac OS X 10.5, 10.5 SDK, gcc-4.2
- bug 509179 Make NS_ENABLE_TSF configurable
- bug 510788 [SeaMonkey 2.0, (Parallels) MacOSX] mochitest-plain: test_bug482461.html fails, permanent orange
- bug 512520 remove Maemo geolocation providers
- bug 514787 Remove unused TARGET_CARBON and TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON in configure.in
- bug 548788 [Shredder] Trunk packaging shouting about a missing file: "config/printconfigsetting.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory"
- bug 550468 Fix support for Pango font engine on Qt platform
- bug 521673 Remove remnant OJI references
- bug 534408 Core bug 514665 dropped/replaced USE_SHORT_LIBNAME uses: port that to c-c (apps)
- bug 548600 Remove useless EXTENSION_PREF define
- bug 547492 Use correct resize cursor for collapsed splitters.
Any other business?
- The SeaMonkey project turns 5! March 10 marks the anniversary of the day when Mozilla Foundation posted the transition plan and paved the way for the community taking over management of suite development and releases.