From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


  • Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.



  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: "We don't have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time." - We can only wait right now.
    • KaiRo found out that the contact at Google changed. Also, discussing a possible open Geolocation service.


SeaMonkey 1.1.19 (1.x EOL)

  • Shipped. There were some problems with older Mac OS X systems not being able to run this release.
    • Reports are inconsistent. Some people can run it on Tiger successfully, others cannot. We don't think it is a Intel vs PPC problem, but other than that nobody has any insight into this currently.

SeaMonkey 2.0.4

open blockers (1) blocker requests (0) fixed (88)

  • Based on Gecko, targeted for March 30 - see Releases.
  • Thunderbird 3.0.4 should be synched up with us as well this time.
  • Builds are up and should go to the beta channel any moment.
  • Testing required, especially with L10n builds.
    • What needs to be tested is that the default bookmarks in a new profile and the crash reporter come up localized.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 28 new, 25 fixed, 31 triaged.

Major wanted/needed features:


  • bug 423281 Help updates.
    • InvisibleSmiley has been working on updating help. Now has a webcvs account so he can update; and has applied for a Mozillazine knowledgebase account.
    • Shifting reviews to IanN to speed up reviews.
    • bug 463903 (form autocomplete documentation).
    • FAQ to cover e.g. double-click / down arrow in form fields?
      • No progress to report.
  • bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn't pay a price for having venkman installed [Mnyromyr].
    • Needs at least a core patch landing for bug 364864 (nsICategoryManager::deleteCategoryEntry does not persist outside of component registration).
    • Mnyromyr hopes to have something workable this weekend.
  • bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service [mcsmurf].
    • Received a review. mcsmurf now needs to see how he can fix the review comments.


  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie].
    • Postponed until mcsmurf (or sgautherie) can resume work on it.
    • No progress.
  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
    • Jeffrey Lee, a Seneca student, is looking into that!
  • bug 498596 Places bookmarks.
    • KaiRo should have everything working, has posted a first round of patches, need two toolkit patches to land before any try builds can be done or something like that.
  • bug 480734 Satchel data editor ("Form Manager").
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 1.9.3) Composer.
    • kaze will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 is done.
    • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • The Kompozer backport is going on, kaze will upload the patches to BMO when it's ready. Screenshot of current comm-central trunk build of KompoZer. Still a few glitches to fix, but the tabs, the split mode, the colored source view and the enhanced status bar work fine.
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We're still trying to work out some organizational issues.
    • At the moment there is extreme disinterest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose) At the latest during the Firefox summit.
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
    • A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
    • Still needs quite a bit of work.
    • bug 522023 is working on improving the browser globe in task icons, etc..
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
    • The rest is unowned so far.
  • bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
    • IanN has a new patch waiting for reviews.
  • bug 545110 Add/port about:support (Troubleshooting Information page) to SeaMonkey
    • Depends on bug 518607 Move the Troubleshooting Information page into toolkit so other apps like Thunderbird and SeaMonkey can use it.

We also should take a look at the other items on wanted-seamonkey2.1+

  • We need to find a solution for Lightning, which is targeting Thunderbird 3.1 now.


Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).






Bugs fixed:

  • bug 537571 should error out early if wrong python version.
  • bug 540472 Resync' config/ (etc) from m-c.
  • bug 543159 Port |Bug 454256 - --enable-static firefox builds should error in configure| to comm-central.
  • bug 547083 configure bails for Python 2.6 (on Ubuntu 9.10?).
  • bug 552896 Some Cleanup of (removals).

Working on:

  • bug 543382 Port |Bug 467862 - Build system should support building both a static and a shared library from the same Makefile| to comm-central.
  • bug 545313 Port |Bug 480967 - Don't leak MSYS paths into makefiles| to comm-central.
  • bug 550657 Port |Bug 485409 - Substitute windows-style paths in configure when building with pymake| to comm-central.
  • bug 553865 Pymake should support "Old Style Suffix Rules".
  • bug 553867 Port |Bug 547083, configure bails for Python 2.6 (on Ubuntu 9.10?)| to c-c.


  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
  • Working on: bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.


Bugs fixed:

  • bug 549802 Reply button doesn't launch mail composition window.


  • Announced SeaMonkey 1.x EOL and 1.1.19 release.
  • Started work on SeaMonkey 2.0.4 builds (tracking: bug 551455).
  • Landed patch for bringing Services.jsm to SeaMonkey (bug 548715).
  • Once the toolkit part was sure to stick, checked in places interface change patch (bug 550234).
  • Did a new patch for branding restructuring (bug 525869), but probably need more work. locales/ part split off as bug 551485.
  • Wrote a patch for build upload timeouts from European Windows slave (bug 551663).
  • Fixed a places frecency test to work with SeaMonkey's changed default prefs (bug 541746).
  • Places bookmarks now fully work, I posted the first round of reviewable patches (bug 498596). This depends on two in-review moves of browser services to toolkit and diffstat says a merged patch of the suite changes is pretty large: 79 files changed, 16364 insertions(+), 12837 deletions(-). Also wrote a blog post about that work:
  • More work on human-readable pushlogs at
  • Improved display on Mozilla metrics data on SeaMonkey, including spiffy canvas-based graphs, and made it public on
  • Made my EarlyBlue and LCARStrek themes work with current trunk
  • After was moved over to Mozilla (bug 390069), requested it to be redirected to (bug 552177).
  • Aligned German SeaMonkey with Thunderbird to send both German and English text in MDN replies
  • As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.


Bugs fixed:

  • bug 537525 Profile importer should not treat error as fatal when reading from Windows registry.

Working on:

  • bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service.


Fixed (or in-progress) bugs:

  • bug 480109 Provide tests for SeaMonkey sessionstore.
  • bug 542946 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-browser-chrome: "browser_bug524365.js:60 - TypeError: tabState.disallow is undefined".
  • bug 548211 Port bug 526613 [Need a notification representing the end of nsISessionStore.setBrowserState operation] to SeaMonkey.
  • bug 548228 Port bug 528776 [getBrowserState considers closed windows as open] to SeaMonkey.



Fixed bug 550705 Dispatch events for toolbar customization.


Bugs fixed:

  • bug 17796 Reply, Reply All, Forward, and Next should be dual menubuttons (dropdown, drop-down).
  • bug 293732 FTP upload consumes a lot of RAM.
  • bug 518249 Allow cmd_copyImage to copy all three representations of the image.
  • bug 536739 nsMsgPrompt should use FormatString instead of hand-rolling string insertion.
  • bug 542837 Folder submenus no longer have the menulist-menupopup class.
  • bug 551050 warning C4702: unreachable code (3x) in dlmalloc.c.
  • bug 553874 Some reftest runs on windows hit "rm: cannot remove directory 'build/reftest/tests/modules/libpr0n/test/reftest/icon/win': Directory not empty".

Working on:

  • bug 467524 [SeaMonkey] FTP file upload not working.
  • bug 538964 do_QueryObject to query nsRefPtr pointers.
  • bug 539389 Very slow file manipulation deleting or moving messages (profile stored on synchronized network folder). Tb3 requests write for each line of mail data. Should use buffering.
  • bug 553937 Support resizable textareas in the Modern theme.


Bugs fixed:

  • bug 539713 Simple Alive test for the Applications Prefpane (Port browser_bug410900.js).
  • bug 549612 'View Background Image' context-menu item is always greyed out (Port bug 482941).
  • bug 550469 [PageInfo] Sync changes from mozilla-central.


Not much done this time as I've been concentrating on getting new versions of my extensions released in the past two weeks.


  • I eventually sent my "SeaMonkey 2 contributor interview" proposal for to KaiRo...
  • Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
    • bug 548614 use define instead of literal string for windows favorites dir
    • bug 550835 TB cannot be built using system hunspell lib
    • bug 552664 Port |Bug 542941 - Better handling of EMBED visits| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 522712 Port |Bug 511761 - Only use compatibility.ini (not .autoreg, or stat()s) to invalidate fastloads and other caches| to comm-central (apps)
    • bug 550018 [SeaMonkey, Debug] (Windows) Packaged tests are all T-FAIL due to missing dll(s)
  • Fixed (or in-progress) MailNews Core bugs:
    • bug 496236 Resync' between c-1.9.1 and m-1.9.1
    • bug 509147 Port |Bug 483856 - Use $(CURDIR) to make pymake happy| to comm-central
    • bug 514519 make --enable-official-branding app-agnostic
    • bug 531275 Generate localized builds of WinCE (nightly and releases)
    • bug 538528 Allow network attempts to restart itself in case of failures
    • bug 538753 Port |Bug 508861 - [electrolysis] Build/ship the C++ runtime with MSVC/jemalloc| to comm-central
    • bug 546716 Port |Bug 422771 - reduce narrow windows API calls in browser| to comm-central
    • bug 548210 Port |Bug 509319 - Enable FIPS throws uncaught exception in toggleFIPS| to comm-central
    • bug 550474 Fix '--enable-static --disable-static-mail' behavior
    • bug 553964 Port |Bug 550468 - Fix support for Pango font engine on Qt platform| to comm-central
    • bug 506493 Resync' between c-c and m-c
    • bug 534408 Core bug 514665 dropped/replaced USE_SHORT_LIBNAME uses: port that to c-c (apps)
    • bug 552955 Resync' on c-1.9.1 after bug 508955 and bug 538528
  • Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
    • bug 551153 ###!!! ASSERTION: Not a UTF-8 string when running TestUTF and TestAtoms
    • bug 553807 "ASSERTION: Value of subject is not set: 'subjectValue', file .../nsRDFBinding.cpp, line 286"
    • bug 369034 TestTXMgr has error and leaks object




  • bug 550186 HTML 5 'placeholder' attribute should be used instead of 'emptyText'.

Working on:

  • bug 547492 Use correct resize cursor for collapsed splitters


Any other business?

  • (cilias, not actually calling in) Anyone want to take over If not, I'm going to blog and post in the support newsgroup, asking for someone to take it over.
    • sgautherie: not sure, but would be interested in more details first...
    • [Ratty] Perhaps turning it into a wiki might be useful.