SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 10 July, 2012, 12:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 8pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- IanN to arrange with Jeff to send a tee-shirt or something to Serge (FotFT).
- Serge is slowly working his way through his mail backlog. Thinks his ISP blocked IanNs emails as spam.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- All our machines are now all out of SJC1 are are now at SCL3 or SCL1 (bug 721516).
- Setting up SM VMs finished (bug 740613)
- Set up all SM Win32 Machines. (bug 768303). (Completed)
- bug 744298 Straighten out OOB allocation for seamonkey HPs [fixed];
- The R4 Macs are plugged-in, connected and base-imaged. Waiting on Callek to complete the setup.
cb-seamonkey-linux-01 is back in action, so we're now at 3 Linux build slaves.
- cb-seamonkey-linux-01 is AWOL again.
- and is not coming back up. It has breathed its last breath. Gone. Belly up. Bought the farm. Gone to the digital valhalla.
- Next on Callek's agenda is the linux32 VM build-up.
- sea-vm-linux32-2 is up (bug 768379)
- sea-vm-linux32-1 was renamed from cb-sea-linux-tbox.
- ewong and Callek are working on building on MSVC2010.
- bug 755626 tracks the progress of changing sea-win32-02 to using MSVC2010.
- Currently done. Trunk builds are now MSVC2010.
- SeaMonkey Aurora will migrate to MSVC2010 this week, Callek will likely do the switch/checkin on Wednesday if everything else looks good.
- L10n Update: (2012-05-20): l10n buildbots are building again on all three platforms for be, de, en-GB, es-AR, gl, hu, it, lt, nl, ru, sk, uk, zh-CN and zh-TW. Still nothing since end of April for cs, es-ES, fr, nb-NO, pl, pt-PT and sv-SE.
- We currently have issues with l10n repacks on aurora/trunk, Callek didn't get time this past weekend to peek at it. The issue relates to some of the very complex build-system logic we have, so it will take someone with time and understanding to investigate (< 10 hours of work). Callek will try and work on this weekend.
- 2.11b4 shipped July 1
- 2.11b5 shipped July 6
- 2.10.2 planned (no ETA yet) as we are waiting on Firefox 13.0.2 which is on hold.
- in line with FF 13.0.2 "to help with uptake of Flash 11.3.300.262"
- probably won't happen as uptake of Flash did well without it
- Next Aurora/Beta uplift is July 16, with 2.11 release following July 17
- Everyone please take care to finish and land bugs that impact L10n in time (e.g. bug 746110).
- InvisibleSmiley will be mostly AFK during that time.
Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Nothing to highlight.
- Our build team (Serge, Callek, ewong) needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- sgautherie thinks that the current DOMi branches/tags are not suitable for automatic SeaMonkey branch selection.
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 2.10 had ~76,300 ADU by last Tuesday and 2.10.1 had ~83,300 downloads so far.
- Of the released versions, as of last Tuesday, we have 13.0% on 2.0, 4.2% on 2.1-2.3, 6.6% on 2.4-2.6, 2.7% on 2.7, 4.8% on 2.8, 8.6% on 2.9 and 60.1% on 2.10. So, in the last two weeks, ~1.8k (an additional 1.5% of ADU) have migrated to 2.7 or above.
- Since 19th June ADU numbers have been dropping, any ideas why?
- Firefox has also seen numbers dropping. People have suggested that this is the normal summer drop that we've seen in past years.
- Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.). This even more applies to 2.10 which dropped support for Win2k and WinXP without SP2.
- The current plan is to create a new page for latest builds available for "Legacy Platforms" e.g. PPC containing links to 2.6.1 PowerPC/G4 and also perhaps to seamonkey-ppc (2.10 and 2.11b3 for OSX 10.5.8) TenFourFox and Tenfourbird. We can then link to that from our main release page. See bug 759315.
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- One tracked 2.5 issue still open.
- 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14 and the ka l10n maintainers have not yet updated for changes in later SeaMonkey versions.
- The plan was that Callek now needs to morph bug 667147 into removing |ka| from our [current] automation entirely (all-locales), and will look at the best locale to transition any ka users to.
- Plan is to migrate ka users to en-US with an English dialog saying they are out of date, and a link to the all-locales page if there is a language they understand better. Current ADU of ka alone is 3-5 individuals, so low impact.~Callek
- Callek and ewong were working on this but they didn't manage to get this done by the time 2.9 shipped. No new ETA unfortunately.
- Seems like the ka locale maintainer finally turned up, so hopefully ka will be revived.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 57 new, 38 fixed, 25 triaged.
- Medium triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
Good First Bugs:
- Two weeks ago Ratty trawled through his notes and came up with a list of GFBs. See: Google groups post and Bugzilla listing.
- Of the 17 GFBs, one was fixed by Sergey (bug 767353), and three by Ekanan Ketunuti (bug 767913, bug 767916, and bug 767920).
- Three are currently assigned (bug 695255, bug 715410, and bug 767919).
- [Ratty] I probably seeded this GFB list with too many one line fixes which were all grabbed first and the harder ones mostly untouched. Perhaps in the next round we should focus more on medium difficulty GFBs. I propose to wait one more week and if there are no takers I'll encourage our regular contributors to take over the remaining GFBs. I think perhaps we should also do more publicity in the mozillazine forums and newsgroups, perhaps target existing extension authors.
- Neil suggests we could get some Services conversions going as GFBs.
- bug 728819 - [cb-sea-miniosx64-0x, (2.10) Trunk only] mochitests-4: "rm: Library/Saved Application State/*.savedState: Permission denied"
- bug 765789 - An error occurred updating the cmd_saveAsTemplate command: TypeError: gMessageBrowser.contentPrincipal.URI is null
- bug 768328 - Remove cn-sea-win2k3-01 from SeaMonkey configs.
- bug 768379 - sea-vm-linux32-2: Need to set up for our builds. (config part)
- bug 768379 - sea-vm-linux32-2: Need to set up for our builds. (buildbot part)
- bug 768380 - sea-vm-linux64-1 need to set up for our builds. (config part)
- bug 769603 - Call the Init method after creating nsITransferable ( Port bug 722872)
- bug 769882 - Futureproof clipboard.copyString() by adding second parameter.
- bug 770687 - [SeaMonkey] suite/common/places/tests/browser_0_library_left_pane_migration.js crashes, since bug 722872 landed
- bug 770871 - Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.11 Beta 5
- Working On:
- bug 574955 - Make webconsole work in SeaMonkey
- bug 633937 - Port bug 562048 to suite.
- bug 715410 - Port |Bug 352037 - Undo Add To Dictionary| to SeaMonkey
- bug 728822 - [cb-sea-miniosx64-0x] "plugin-container ... unknown error code: invalid pixel format"
- bug 757693 - Debug > TBPL points to an invalid URL
- bug 765643 - profile path in profile manager asserts error when hovering over blank
- bug 768380 - sea-vm-linux64-1 need to set up for our builds. (buildbot part)
- bug 768767 - changing the fqdn of cb-sea-miniosx64-01/02/03.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 762704 Add layout sub menu to view menu in addressbook
- bug 770842 Port of |bug 416666 - Clean up Thunderbird's global scope a bit| to SeaMonkey
- bug 763094 Update en-GB for Gecko 15
- bug 763340 Update en-GB for Firefox 15
- bug 769926 Update en-GB for Thunderbird 15
- bug 769947 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.12
- bug 769948 Update en-GB for Calendar/Lightning 1.6
- Waiting for review on:
- bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Reviewed and waiting for other patches before checkin:
- Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
- bug 689253 Update en-GB for Mobile 10.0 (comm-aurora)
- Working on:
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Knock something up finding out why users are not upgrading to 2.4+ and send it around members lists for polishing.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
- bug 753765 SeaMonkey browser_popupNotification.js: investigate "the logic taken from bug 575957 fails to work here, work around it for now."
- bug 757330 [SeaMonkey, Windows] "a11y/accessible/events/test_focus_general.html | Test timed out.", since 2012.05."09+-17".
- bug 761319 Feed preview is broken in unpackaged build.
- bug 765466 Implement click-to-play plugins management for feed messages.
- bug 767323 Ampersands don't appear in the windows biff icon tooltip.
- bug 767684 Font size changes inconsistently in the compose window when using the increase/decrease buttons.
- bug 767841 Locales don't need to be and in fact shouldn't be preprocessed [DOMi].
- bug 770330 Allow import module to compile with external linkage [MailNews Core].
- bug 771941 Port |bug 526717 remove non-working "Set as desktop background" from the UI for unsupported desktops| to SeaMonkey.
- bug 771954 Rename the shell feed service.
- bug 746166 Remove use of cmd_backgroundColor from comm-central.
- bug 766494 Profile missing alert checks for the wrong missing folder.
- bug 767839 Don't preprocess application.ini and update-settings.ini twice.
- bug 505056 Port bug 314124 Folder Pane Popup over folders with unseen messages.
- bug 758677 Implement a Preference Pane for Offline Applications.
- bug 765175 ReferenceError: getPref is not defined in addressingWidgetOverlay.js (Regression from bug 713671).
- bug 769664 Fix trailing whitespace introduced in bug 726415.
- bug 769737 Add nsIFocusManager to Services.jsm [Toolkit].
- bug 765820 Make MDN (return receipts) work for non-standard headers too, and make the MDN confirmation message say which addresses the receipt will be sent to (Port Thunderbird bug 360800).
Good first Bugs:
- Followed up with responders to our [good first bug] list. Provided guidance and advice as needed.
- Did some reviews and coding mentoring.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 745998 Port |Bug 739132 - --disable-necko-wifi causes "Error: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/components/necko_wifi.xpt"| to SeaMonkey
- bug 760792 Port |Bug 756325 - channel-prefs.js appears in new 'preferences' location on fresh installation but remains in 'pref' for updated existing installation| to SeaMonkey
- bug 767776 Port |Bug 753205 - bookmarks import ignores separators| to SeaMonkey. ("TypeError: redeclaration of const FILENAME_BOOKMARKS_HTML")
- bug 770730 browser_dataman_basics.js and browser_dataman_callviews.js fail since bug 756641 landed
- bug 771088 Port |Bug 750178 - [OS.File] Export OS.Constants to the main thread| to SeaMonkey
- bug 771869 Port |Bug 749551 - Alarm API| to SeaMonkey
- bug 767682 Port |Bug 750454 - FUEL causes lots of leaks until shutdown, can also cause 10+minute shutdown times| to SeaMonkey
Any other business?
- Bug Day: Should we looking to do a bug busting day in the next 3 months?
- Useful link: .
- We could email the members list and ask for suggestions for a set of components to target.
- Would it be better to do it during the holidays or after they end?
- Geolocation now works out of the box. MoCo turned it on by default for all applications that build off mozilla-central.
- For comm-beta all we need to do is (bug 494421) to add pref("geo.wifi.uri", "https://www.google.com/loc/json"); to browser-prefs.js. However we're not even sure we are legally allowed to ship with the URL in, we might need to actually put in a pref to disable that in newer builds.
- No news to date. Callek will have to reach out to his MoCo legal contact again soonish.
- Test failures
- qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.
- Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
- tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
- IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
- Serge to do a write up and send it to Ratty to propagate to the community.
- Ratty is ***still*** waiting for Serge.