SeaMonkey Meeting Details
SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 1
Release is out, any comments on the release itself.
- Comments so far are all positive, including people who think it's already better then 1.1.x.
Comments on the reworked relnotes?
- System Requirements for 32 bit apps on 64 bit OS needed.
- Change "Firefox" to "SeaMonkey" in the FAQ (too much cut and paste). [Fixed].
Thanks to Jens Hatlak for providing the list of changes, collected from his SeaMonkey Trunk Tracker blog.
SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 2
We should try to do regular preview releases from now until final, any suitable target for Alpha 2?
- A regular 6-8 week release schedule for the next Alphas seems doable.
- We can set certain feature-based goals based on what we can accomplish in the planned time.
- How many alpha releases are we planning? As many as we need to get things done that we need to do for 2.0. Beta 1 should be more or less feature complete
- FYI: Thunderbird Beta 1 code freeze will probably be on 18th November 2008.
- We should target to match the Thunderbird beta1 freeze and release SeaMonkey Alpha 2 roughly in sync with that TB release. As we come nearer to that date, we'll see if it makes sense feature-wise.
- bug 428216 (toolbarbutton iconsize/mode control) should be able to make Alpha2. Customizable Toolbars for Navigator and Messenger might make it depending on target date. Ratty
- Alpha 2 isn't going to be a L10n release, unless we have a solution for the download manager and the password manager. As these two are hard blockers for 2.0 final, finding an interim solution is unnecessary work.
Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 381157 Download manager.
- No progress.
- bug 390025 Kill-wallet (password manager).
- No progress, due to releases. Standard8 will try and start picking up again this week.
- bug 360648 Autocomplete.
- Standard8 blocked by LDAP shutdown issues, starting to look at them in more detail.
- bug 382187 Places history.
- KaiRo has done a first UI patch that makes sidebar panel and history window work.
- Not 100% the same as old versions, but quite near to them, want to get this in, we can improve it based on this.
- bug 36810 Session restore.
- Waiting for reviews.
- bug 394288 / bug 413385 Toolbar customization. Dependent bugs:
- bug 428216 (toolbarbutton iconsize/mode control) almost there, just a few remaining nits (I hope).
- Toolkit bug 407725 waiting for review from gavin. If this patch isn't accepted we would probably have to fork the toolkit toolbar customization code but the indications are good that we won't have to.
- After these the next step is to turn on toolbar customization for Navigator and for Messenger.
- bug 456757 Modern theme update.
- Kuden has more time this month and should complete mozapps by the end of October. Ratty is trying to get some visible interim results into bugzilla in the meantime.
- What can we backport from Thunderbird 3.0a3? Changelog Shredder Alpha1, Changelog for Shredder Alpha2. Suggestions (Ratty):
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status)
- Fixed nye to have mail bloat tests again.
- Will be starting to look at dependencies on bug 436934 next week.
- Will be looking at some mailnews bugs next week too.
- Got all unit test boxes, including Mac, to report green finally
- Prepared 2.0a1 builds (manually, which was the direct contrary to fun), redesigned relnotes for this release, overhauled download page, did a number of version updates, and finally pushed the release public
- Synched comm-central and mozilla-central build systems some more, cleaned up the c-c one a bit
- Pushed for getting SeaMonkey onto the MoMo L10n dashboard (thanks to gozer!)
- Made a first patch for places-based history UI by porting code from Firefox
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work
- Working on Toolbar customization.
- Tracking Modern Update.
- See Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning for details.
- Completed the reporting of leaking mochitest+browser+chrome tests.
- Started to run the reftest tests: reported (couples of) failures and leaks on my Windows 2000.
- (fixed/ported a few bugs; etc)
- bug 308552 Worked out why Growl integration wasn't registering correctly and fixed - now awaiting Mnyromyr's review.
- bug 427980 Mail Bloat Test now working again.
- bug 455743 Made editor accesskeys much more L10n-friendly.
Any other business?
IanN asks about bug 377881 - Add language switching to Extension Manager's language panel (parallel to theme switching). But nobody is working on this.