SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.9
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.10
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.0.11
- 1.5 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1
- 1.6 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- 1.7 Feature List, Planning
- 1.8 SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
- 1.9 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.10 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- SeaMonkey 2.0.9 SHIPPED on October 20th.
- Synchronized with Firefox 3.5.14.
- SeaMonkey 2.0.10 is a chemspill release SHIPPED on October 28th to fix bug 607222.
- Synchronized with Firefox 3.5.15.
- 2.0.10 had a turnaround time of just about 24 hours from "let's get going on building" until "it's shipped and public" - even though we had some build automation system hiccups.
- Thanks to Callek for help on the build pocess of both those release.
- Based on Gecko 220.127.116.11, target date TBD, see Releases.
- Release schedule will be synchronized with the next Firefox 3.5 release (3.5.16) in early December (tentative).
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1
- Has been SHIPPED on October 20th, ~3500 downloads so far, ~500 ADU .
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b2 (feature freeze) probably in early December; final to be decided later.
- Unsure how this fits Firefox 4 plans as they are still trying to get to their feature freeze.
- Firefox 4 now officially being in early 2011, which gives us a bit more time.
- Beta 1 on PPC is broken.
- We will probably seek to EOL it by getting i386/x86_64 universal builds up somehow.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 55 new, 22 fixed, 8 triaged.
- Fix rate is good but needs to improve, triage continues to be weak. Should do more there.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
- How about a triage week to get help from the community?
- It would be good to get some input and possibly help from Anthony Hughes (Mozilla QA).
- tonymec or InvisibleSmiley would know about the process.
- Aqualon will setup a wiki-page at Proposed SeaMonkey Triage Week to collect ideas and get a plan until the next meeting on 2010-11-16.
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently job hunting so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]
- no movement.
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil]
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- Done: Drop local copy of toEM; Break out addonInstallBlocked into its own method; Add support for completed and failed addon installation notifications.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar
- no progress at the moment.
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
- Updated to include latest changes; waiting for reviews from IanN and Neil.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 2 will probably be Gecko 2.0-based.
SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
See wiki page: SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
- Occurred over the weekend of October 23/24, in Vienna.
- Ratty's Conrep
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 603132 Remove Bloglines from the feed reader options.
- bug 603864 Port |bug 589971 Omnijar before profiling part of PGO| to comm-central.
- bug 603866 More rules.mk sync (Port bug 591325, bug 594613, bug 585625).
- bug 605369 cb-sea-win32-tbox out of disk space on C:/.
- bug 606040 [SeaMonkey] 'Linux comm-central-trunk leak test build' still broken after bug 536295 bustage fixes.
- bug 607472 Update SeaMonkey buildbotcustom to the proper branch.
- bug 608036 Cleanup some of client.mk.
- bug 608044 m-c rules.mk needs whitespace and spelling fixes.
- bug 608173 Build system should provide an intelligible error when switching from gmake to pymake or vice versa on an absolutely configured objdir.
Waiting on reviews:
- bug 607775 Finalize missed comm-central sync for client.mk.
- bug 608048 xpcshell target does not pass-down $(EXTRA_TEST_ARGS).
- bug 608478 Move PERL and MOZILLA_VERSION lines back to where they belong...
- bug 608483 Port |bug 551438 Require system libpng to be at version 1.4.1 or later| to comm-central.
- bug 608484 Port |bug 595805 Update required cairo version to 1.10 | to comm-central.
- bug 608485 Port Mozilla Changes of |bug 583611 (SQLite3.7.1) Upgrade to SQLite 3.7.1| to comm-central.
- bug 560772 Make use of mozilla::services for comm-central [Needs new patch].
- bug 292569 Add support for #pragma once to headers.
- bug 502562 Implement the info function for logging.
- bug 568052 Adapt Modern theme for new Add-on Manager.
- bug 571527 Add pref for auto vs. ask-me addon update.
- bug 573896 [Tracker] Callek needs to get access to edit seamonkeyproject-org.
- bug 589506 Scrub the codebase of MOZ_VIEW_SOURCE and MOZ_JSLOADER [waiting for branch before checkin].
- bug 602188 Backout changeset fab718da09fd.
- bug 607245 MoMe TBPL: SeaMonkey 2.0 'test mochitests' not showing up.
- Requiring Check-in:
- Waiting for a2.0:
- bug 602758 Fix "a the" in comments (in Toolkit).
- Working on:
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Attended SeaMonkey Developer Meeting in Wien, Österreich.
- bug 606366 Port to SM Remove .wrappedJSObject gets that don't work with the new wrappers.
- Working on:
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition.
- Working on:
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk
- bug 579738 Make lightweight themes / personas work in mailnews windows
- bug 579739 Make lightweight themes / personas work in composer windows
- bug 608966 Make lightweight themes / personas work in the address book window
- bug 509954 Make F5 reload on other platforms than Windows
- bug 79397 Want F5 to view/reload (in MailNews) as per browser
- Shipped SeaMonkey 2.0.9, 2.1 Beta 1, and then 2.0.10 as an oilspill.
- Organized and took part in the SeaMonkey Developer Meeting.
- Worked on my backlogs from the vacation and stay in the US
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
Working on bug 600179 LDAP DLLs reference compiler debug DLLs when building a non-debug build.
- bug 593681 Small fixes to keep sessionstore in sync with FF.
- bug 481862 The Main MailNews window needs suitable button icons for small button mode.
- bug 399310 Add Firefox Sidebar API to SeaMonkey Sidebar.
- bug 606998 "Helper Applications" panel in preferences window unusable on a "non Gnome" system.
- bug 604493 Composition Window broken on trunk builds due to tracemonkey landing (merge of compartments) (cannot compose, write, reply to messages).
- bug 573388 ASSERTION: aWebProgress and channel callbacks do not point to the same docshell.
- bug 581309 Remove unused properties from XPCOMUtils.
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
- bug 598942 Yellow triangle appearing in the Windows tray instead of new mail icon.
- bug 586947 Places File Bookmark (Ctrl+D) needs improvement badly
- bug 599833 Add "Paste and Go" to the context menu of the URLbar.
- bug 484968 Make SeaMonkey tab bar scrollable to cope with tab overflow.
- Wrote up a Con Report on my trip to the SeaMonkey developer meeting in Wien .
- Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- bug 227152 Documentation for MailNews Default Account is incomplete/wrong/not indexed.
- bug 246405 mail_help.xhtml should be split to several files.
- Attended SeaMonkey/Developer Meeting:2010 in Vienna.
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 605503 Port |Bug 570387 - PlacesDBUtils should register itself in the idle-daily category| to SeaMonkey
- bug 605657 Port |Bug 431558 - implement preventive maintenance for places.sqlite| to SeaMonkey 2.0
- bug 607560 Port |Bug 597374 - Downloading of a file from a password protected directory fails| to SeaMonkey
- bug 608516 mochitest-browser-chrome: "TEST-UNEXPECTED-PASS | .../browser_pluginnotification.js | Should have displayed the plugins pane - Got addons://list/plugin, expected addons://list/plugin"
- Fixed (or in-progress) MailNews Core bugs:
- Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
- bug 595756 "DOMSVGLength.cpp(58) : error C2248: 'mozilla::DOMSVGLengthList::mItems' : cannot access private member declared in class 'mozilla::DOMSVGLengthList'"
- bug 602568 [Mac default] MailNews (tab)scrollbox arrows/buttons needs love.
- bug 605586 [Mac default] Style the Findbar.
- bug 605622 Make findbar appear above content and style it properly.
- bug 606297 Full screen mode on Mac.
- bug 595978 Update mac readme (no ppc support).
Any other business?