2013 Q2 Services Roadmap
(tarek, alexis, hanno)
- Help with the monolith side of "Developer Metrics & Reports" - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=857635 [DEFERRED, changed priority from webdev team]
- v1 Location Service for B2G [DONE]
- Marteau/Vaurien as a service
(rmiller, bbangert, vng, trink)
- Release the 0.2 version to the public by end of April.
- Begin community promotional push to encourage wider adoption.
- Write to real-time persistent data store (Cassandra).
- Formalize the Heka transport spec.
- Generate a Web-based dashboard to monitor Heka's internal state.
- Create first versions of the node and python Heka clients
- Continued support for current Campaign Manager deployment
- Explore with marketing possibilities for enhanced future version.
- Deliver working, pushed v1 service - implementing current SimplePush spec.
- Provide Websocket, https, and plugin component for proprietary communications
- Final infrastructure plan for scaling (how users are assigned, how boxes are spun up, etc)
- Scale out socket connections
- Heka integration
- PICL datastore server (shared goal)