2013 Q3 Services Roadmap
(tarek, alexis, hanno)
- Continue MLS, evaluate incoming data, suggest client side improvements and setup real deployment
(rmiller, bbangert, vng, trink)
- Get Heka deployed into Sync, Campaign Manager, Mozilla Location Services and any future Services products.
- Develop features as directed by ops needs
- Explore Kibana integration for graphics displays
- Write to real-time persistent data store (Cassandra).
- Increased community promotion, internally and externally.
- Launch notification service in support of FF Desktop
- Heka metrics
- Figure out sharding plan to minimize notification movement between boxes
- Work with rnewman and PiCl team to define new sync strategy
- Build out new redundant data plan
- Explore alternate storage mechanisms (Couchdb, Cassandra)
- AWS overflow launch
- Heka integration, new metrics queries (heavy users)