- No annoying error bars for recoverable errors (e.g. network), especially a requirement for Instant Sync
- No annoying error bars for recurring errors that have already been acknowledged but can't be solved without a software update
- No annoying error bars during planned server maintenance windows.
- Be more informative about problems when an error occurs ("Unknown Error" is not very helpful and doesn't help when users report bugs).
- Network errors should NEVER escalate bug 659067
- Def.: "Syncing successfully" = syncing without any *new* errors (errors that we've reported in the past should not resurface)
- Operations must be able to send a response that does not escalate for some time
- ops uses 503+retry-after to indicate "work underway" which escalates immediately, 100% of the time, and is thus a poor solution for planned maintenance events
- bug 578195 contains prior discussion about this, requirements here override anything ops stated in bug
- Kill Unknown Error
- Suggestion: rip out error handling from Service, implement Error Handler Policy that tracks errors (some of them persistently) and escalates them to UI when necessary