Firefox 86 SUMO Sprint
What is SUMO Sprint?
SUMO Day/SUMO Sprint is that time of the week when the whole Mozilla community comes together to answer incoming questions on the support forum for Firefox, Firefox for Android, and Firefox for iOS users. Check out this page to learn more about it.
What's new in Firefox 86
|Multiple Picture-in-Picture by default||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/about-picture-picture-firefox||updated|
|Modernized Print UI changes||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-print-web-pages-firefox||updated|
|Bug 1666812 Bug 1685515||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/print-friendly-pages-firefox-clutter-free-printing||updated|
|Enhanced Tracking Protection dFPI||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop||updated|
|Credit card autofill expanded to Canada Bug 1676875||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/credit-card-autofill||updated|
|Show a blue dot when autoplay is blocked in a site||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/playing-videos-firefox-android||updated|
|Implement top site search engine attribution||no KB updates needed||no KB updates needed|
What's Changed on Firefox for iOS V32
- Added messaging about the new option to set Firefox as a default app for users. Messages will appear in 3 locations:
- Onboard card (will only be shown once to users)
- New tab page (will be shown until the user closes it or clicks action to "learn more")
- In settings (always available)
- Additional widgets added
- Google Search added as a default tile to help users start searches faster
- When saving a bookmark, users can now choose a folder to save it in
Find out more
- Release notes
- Firefox 86-Desktop community discussion
- What's new on Firefox for Android 86
- What's new on Firefox for iOS 32
How to get involved in the sprint?
Join us in our community portal event and contribute by:
- Answer forum questions
- Respond to actionable tweets
Answer forum questions
Respond to actionable tweets
You can also help many people who are having problems with their Firefox by responding to actionable tweets (meaning that the tweet expressed that somebody need support). Check out this article or take this short course to know more about how you can help people on Twitter. We strongly recommend existing community members to use Conversocial to reply to tweets from the official support account, @FirefoxSupport.
How can I get more help?
You can join our Matrix channel to ask questions/join community discussion.