Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2011-10-10
Sumo Development Update
We got the SOW for the taxonomy work, needs approval still.
- Michael thinks "Almost Famous" is an awesome movie, Ibai thinks it's okay, but no masterpiece. Go watch the movie and discuss it here.
Firefox Status Update
- No unusual spikes
- Mobile specific
- Michelle proposes to combine positive and negative feedback in the SUMO reports that are sent out to Mozilla employees.
- Michelle, Ibai and Cheng to talk about whether to include both sides in the report.
- We promoted mbrubeck, rnuman and greasemonkey to KB reviewers
- KB Editors meeting after this meeting.
- The change from "rejected" to "deferred" in the KB review process changes the dynamics of interaction. It's a great change and a good example for how simple things can make a big difference.
- Waiting for the Sync-mageddon post-morten.
- Cause: Instant Sync in Firefox 7 ended up creating and spike of usage. Firefox 7+ queries the servers more often because of the new feature. The Fx7 adoption created a server overload ending in users getting a 503 error every now and then impacting in the user perception.
- The team was working on improving and optimizing the client code while increasing the capacity of our servers. Now we are preparing.
- As a consistency plan we worked in the communication of the Status Page and updated SUMO articles to point to the page.
- Ibai to share post-morten as soon as it's out.
- Ibai is writing a document that will outline how we could combine the best of a ticketing system with an open forum.
- Kadir to send his design document to Ibai for that.