TPE CONNECTIVITY GROUP/2015-10-13
- Time: 2015/10/14 (Wed), 11AM
- Room: 5F, Santos
- Host: Ethan
- Attendees: Dimi, Henry, Jonathan, Tim, Thomas, Winnie, Yoshi
- Weekly status update
- Skip level meeting (10/27)
- 2015 Q4 goal setting
- 2.5 blockers and root cause analysis
- Meeting time
- Initiative of Orlando WW
- Progress of NSec this week: What can we deliver? What blocks us?
Weekly Status Update
- Done & Working in Progress
- bug 1207727 - Rework updating service workers according to the latest spec. f+
- Review & Feedbacks
- bug 1181389 - check for full package update when doing service worker update
- bug 1181390 - fire install and activate events on service worker
- bug 1179064 - Ensure that service worker code for signed packages is contained within the package
- New Security Model
- Review patch: Bug 1204846 - Amount of mobile data consumed regresses
- Complete 2015 Q4 goal settings
- Bug 1210573 - Add packageIdentifier attribute to nsIPackagedAppUtils
- To parse the 'package-identifier' from the manifest file.
- A prerequisite of Bug 1178526
- Bug 1212223 - nsMultiMixedConv might call |SendData| with incorrect buffer length
- Fixed corrupt manifest file issue.
- Bug 1210235 - Pref off any signed web packaged app things
- r+'d by Valentin.
- Requires pref "network.http.packaged-signed-apps-enabled" to enable "signed package verification"
- Also, this patch would bypass the verification process if a package has no signautre (performance issue.)
- Bug 1214079 - Doom all the cache of the signed packaged web app if it's not verified.
- I was hoping to solve Bug 1190757 ([PackagedAppService] Delete all cached files if a package downloading in interrupted.) but Honza has some concerns so I just focus the special case: "verification failure" first.
- Bug 1178526 - Set appropriate origin attributes for signed packages
- Only last one patch waiting for Honza's review.
- was suppose to review on Monday Oct 12
- Bug 1180088 - Fix security checks so that they work without appid by tagging a child process with a package identifier.
- bug 1178448 - Let developer add their own trusted CA
- r-. I shouldn't do file I/O on main thread.
- bug 1205209 - [RTSP]When user connects a special RTSP link, the crash will happen.
- bug 1207964 - Remove workaround from bug 1080461
- To remove a workaround blocking RTSP live streams.
- Need to find RTSP live stream links to test.
- bug 1204846 - Amount of mobile data consumed regresses
- The patch has submitted.
- bug 1131493 - [Wifi Direct] Support bonjour/upnp service advertisement
- Studying the Wifi Direct.
- bug 1207066 - [NetworkManager] implement nsINetworkInterface.activate()/deactivate() in wifi network interface
- Planning how to implement this feature.
- bug 1168704 - rename setFocusApp in nsINfcContentHelper
- r+, Waiting try
- bug 1166210 - Remove ServicesSetting changes listener in NfcContentHelper
- Clarified and provided solution
- bug 1201427 - [Aries] NFC Tap-to-Pay dose not work
- bug 1187262 - A device cannot connect B device through wifi
- Finally r+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Find out the flow chart to make service discovery of wifi direct
- Thanks to Henry!!!!
- Study on the current code, and think about how to make out the flow.
- How to send command to wpa_supplicant -> WifiCommand.jsm
- How to new a new event of p2p -> WifiWorker.js
- How to get "p2p_peers" 's result - > Add a listener of "scanresult"
- How to get the response? -> Add an event "P2P-SERV-DISC-RESP" in WifiP2pManager.jsm
- Bug 1196665 - Add originAttributes into SpecialPowers
- WIP patch, but still have some orange error on try.
- Bug 1191653 - Listen to clear-origin-data in nsPermissionManager.cpp
2015 Q4 Goal Setting
Also recorded in https://wiki.mozilla.org/TPE_CONNECTIVITY_GROUP/2015-Q4
New Security Model
- Deliver a usable first prototype (Henry, Jonathan)
- Complete all features of NSec
- Signing (Jonathan)
- Verifying signatures (Henry, Jonathan)
- CSP (Ethan)
- Process isolation (Henry)
- Installing and updating (Henry)
- Service Workers (Dimi)
- Origin and cookies jars (Yoshi, Ethan, ...)
- Enhancement of NSec
- Add test cases (Henry, ...)
- Add debugging tools (Henry, ...)
- Demonstrate NSec in Orlando work week
Maintenance of Owned Modules
- Fix 2.5 blockers
- Wi-Fi (Henry, Tim)
- Alarm and system message (Henry, Tim)
- NetworkStats (Ethan, Tim)
- NFC (Dimi, Thomas)
- RTSP (Jonathan)
- New features
- Wi-Fi change to support NetworkManager enhancement (Tim)
- Service Discovery of Wi-Fi Direct (Tim)
- Polish NFC on features, emulator and test cases (Thomas)
Long Term Plan
- Integrate New Security Model with Gaia (NGA?)