Proposed: Drop IE6 support
Given that IE6 is a small (how small) percentage of our users, dropping support completely has been suggested. What info would we need to make this decision?
- What percentage of users do we still have on IE6?
- How much time do we spend on IE6 when fixing front-end issues?
- When users are using IE6, what are they doing?
Proposed: Drop IE7 to C grade
Given that IE7 is a small percentage of our users, we should consider dropping to C grade.
- What percentage of users do we still have on IE7?
- How much time do we spend on IE7 when fixing front-end issues?
- When users are using IE7, what are they doing?
Proposed: Drop IE9 to B grade
- What does the site look like in IE9 right now? Are the visual differences significant? (I thought a lot of the CSS styles we apply aren't in IE9 but will be in IE10).
- We can officially drop to B grade when IE10 comes out.
Proposed: Only officially support Firefox latest+beta in contributor areas
- I am pretty sure most of the stuff Just Works in everything minus IE (Army of Awesome is busted at least in IE if not others as well).
- Do any contributors use anything other than Firefox? If so, other than Firefox and Chrome?
- We should be Mozillian/pro-open-web here and support anything modern. Jsocol 12:37, 27 April 2012 (PDT)