This meet-up is on invitation only. The invitation period is now closed and all participants have received their invitation.
Tech Speakers are a group of global group of Mozilla developer outreach volunteers that actively represent Mozilla at technical events and conferences in their regions and around the world.
In the last few years, we hold yearly meetups to improve the quality of our most impactful members. Meeting with each other is a good way of motivating each other and to increase our engagement. In-person meetings also help to work on these in a more personal way, and to build relationships between participants, staff and coaches.
- 1 Administrative information
- 2 Content
- 3 Saturday evening cruise and meal
- 4 Sunday evening dinner
The meet-up will be at:
1092 CK Amsterdam
- We have booked the hotel from Friday evening to Monday morning you will stay at. No need to book by yourself.
- You may check in starting at 3pm on Friday. Luggage storage should be available at the front desk if you arrive earlier than this.
Eerste Ringdijkstraat 4
1097 BC Amsterdam
Getting to Amsterdam
Everyone now has their flights booked for the meetup. Thank you to all!
- Don't forget to bring your passport & (if needed) your Mozilla travel letter.
From Schipol to the hotel
Please use public transportation to go the hotel (we will not reimburse Taxis or Uber). If you have a good reason to use a taxi or an Uber (like you have trouble to walk the 550m between the bus stop and the hotel), please ask us before.
1-hour GVB tickets can be purchased at Schipol and bus stops with a debit/credit card (no cash) and cost €3.20.
Take the Sprinter (local train) at the Schipol Airport direction Almere Oostvaarders. At the second stop, Amsterdam RAI go out and take the bus 51 (direction Centraal Station) for 3 stops to Amsterdam, Amstelstation. From there the hotel is 8 minutes away (walking).
From the Hotel to the venue
The hotel is at a walking distance from the venue (20-25 minutes). There is a bus for people with mobility impairment (Same time).
- Breakfast for the Saturday, Sunday and Monday are included with the hotel
- Lunches for the Saturday and Sunday will be taken on-site
- Dinner are organized for the Saturday and the Sunday.
We will vegetarian options. If you have allergies please contact us so we can make 100% sure all will be fine.
You can expense your Friday evening (max €18), as well as for any meal needed during your trip, at the same condition as a regular TS trip.
Reimbursements and receipts
We will reimburse the following items using the usual process: - visa and immigration costs - Friday evening meal (max EUR 18) - Public transportation from Schipol to the hotel (and back) - Usual transportation costs (from Home to Airport / Train station, and back) - For those (you contacted us already) who have not used Egencia, the train/plane to/from Amsterdam (and back) People with disabilities: other needed transportation (speak with us beforehand)
No other things will be reimbursed (unless agreed beforehand). If you have any doubt, please contact us!
Like always, keep all receipts.
After the event submit an invoice (like for any event) with all the items listed and all receipts. Deadline: November 15th, 2019.
- We will be starting at 9:00am on Saturday
- We will be starting at 9:30 am on Sunday
- You should allow 30-35 minutes to travel to the event venue from the hotel, so be sure to depart the hotel with plenty of time to spare.
- Presented by Andre Natal, Mozilla Software Engineer
- Duration: 2 hours
- Tech Speakers will learn how to implement the Web Speech API onto a website
- Presented by Harald Kirschner, Mozilla Product Manager
- Duration: 2 hours
- Tech Speakers will get hands-on (have your laptop ready) all-encompassing (take notes) training to master all aspects of Developer Tools, especially new and upcoming features. With that applied knowledge they will not only be able to quickly reveal the secrets of how browsers execute and render web pages, but also teach others to do the same – leading to more productive creators and a web that is accessible to all.
- We will have a photographer present with us on Saturday taking professional headshots for any Tech Speakers who want to participate.
- Each Tech Speaker may sign up for a headshot session; the photography session will last 10-15 min.
- After editing, you will be provided with 2 finished photos for your professional/personal use.
|Tech Speaker Group 1||Tech Speaker Group 2|
Saturday evening cruise and meal
On Saturday evening, we will visit Amsterdam on the canals, then head to InStock restaurant to have dinner together.
The boat cruise boards at 6.25pm from Stadhouderskade 550 (Blue Boat Company). We have a group ticket and we will need to board together. Be there on time, we can't wait.
We will head there directly from Impact Hub ( meeting point 5.15pm in front of the entrance of Impact Hub) and you'll receive a day ticket for the public transportation.
After the cruise, we'll take a tram together to the restaurant, InStock (Czaar Peterstraat 21, 1018 NW Amsterdam) for a dinner.
And here is the way to go back to the hotel after the dinner (your public transportation ticket is still valid). The quickest way is Tram 7 to Weesperplein, then metro 51, 52 or 54 south to Wibaufstraat.
Sunday evening dinner
On Sunday we have two restaurants.
As there are 15 places at each place, please select one of them there (or just tell Jean-Yves).
1. Shake'n Burger - http://burgersenshakes.nl/#menu (veggie option + is halal) Burger ‘n Shake 2, Javastraat 54, 1094 HK Amsterdam
2. Meram – https://meram.nl/amsterdam-oost/ This is Turkish food. Pretoriusstraat 22-24 Amsterdam