Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> gozer
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- We should engage the beta testing community in helping with the what's new and release notes pages, especially explaining why we've changed things, and how to get back to the old behavior. jenzed suggested an MDC page. (jz: see https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird_3_for_users)
- Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- At 2:30 PDT tomorrow, there will be a Thunderbird security review, dmose will send out the details today
- Schedule (proposed, may change):
- Final l10n String Freeze: Tuesday 29th Sept 23:59 PST
- Aiming to start RC1 builds on: 3rd Nov.
- Subsequent RCs as necessary.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 6 (-14)
- Wanted Thunderbird 3: 275
- Fixed RC1
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- If you see what look like theme/css issues, especially on Windows, please file a bug, with a screenshot, and the version of Windows you're running. Tag it with a "polish" keyword, and nominate it for blocking-tb3?.
3.0b4 topcrashers top 6. Note, all are *new* but 1.
- mime - bug 505221 - crash [@ CountTotalMimeAttachments(MimeContainer*)]
- Got a profile from the user that can be used to reproduce this
- database - bug 513315 - crash [@ nsScriptSecurityManager::GetCurrentJSContext()]
- backend - bug 480090 - Crash when sending email after being in offline mode [@ morkRowObject::CloseRowObject(morkEnv*)] - [@ nsMsgOfflineImapOperation::SetCopiesToDB - nsMsgOfflineImapOperation::Release]
- mime - bug 513543 - Crash [@MimeInlineTextHTML_parse_eof ]
- database - bug 518671 - crash [@ nsXPConnect::GetRuntimeInstance()]
- unknown - bug 518807 - startup crash [@ nsRefPtr<ISearchManager>::StartAssignment()]
- Tried having simple thing to get more people onboard - Got one user who participated.
- Catching up on new crashers due to b4 being released - and monitoring closely
- Didn't catchup on litmus yet
- Activity in bugzilla seems to be going up
This week :
- Normal regular bug day
- Working on migration Day
Next week :
- Migration day testing
- Migrate from 1.5
- Migrate from 2.0.x
And we'll gather the data that can be gathered and get return of experience on it.
- Press Watch: 43 total articles for Beta 4 Latest Thunderbird rolls search changes 40k downloads to date
- Coordinating with German and French pr firms.
- Reviewer's Guide on target for 9/30, working through marketing messaging w/ board members.
- Localization Checklist Working with Simon on announcement to l10n teams via blog post.
- Reviewing new SpreadThunderbird theme mockups w/ stb team. Thanks to Roland for finding the volunteer to help out.
- Thunderbird 3 Beta 4 Uptake
- Beta 4 visits: 51k, Beta 3 max visits: 23k
- Beta 4 AUS pings: 18k vs Beta 3 max AUS pings: 21k
- Minis are building in the ThunderbirdTest tree, looking promising
- compact header (bug 480623)
- form fill (bug 510378)
- debugging Mac / Linux
- autoconfig / mission control (MDC: )
- collapsed threads (bug 496244 454829)
- activity manager (bug 257942)
- folders (bug 414038)
- move leak and bloat test docs from wiki to MDC
- Top 5 GS Support Topics (code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190923 )
- Cannot receive email (hotmail, other POP, imap)
- Cannot send email
- Cannot read old email (compact folders seems to fix it, sometimes have to create new profile and migrate old email into new profile)
- Cannot migrate email from old profile to new profile or old computer to new computer
- Address Book (not visible, can't undelete, lost, possibly related to these bugs found by Standard8: 486498, 299346, 394797 )
- Attachments (attachments not working, corrupted)
- Support Plan for Thunderbird 3
- SUMO evaluation basically finished - have verified you can do localized knowledge base (i.e. create/modify in English, translate/modify in French) and can customize to remove Firefox-isms, will add link to report today (David Tenser needs report for MozCamp Europe)
- Top 10 Support Issues and Top 5 New Thunderbird 3 Features for Knowledge Base
- Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 15 / day (104/7)
- total new topics:104 total replies: 120 (Ruby Code)
- date:20090922 #new support topics:15 resolved:7
- date:20090923 #new support topics:19 resolved:10
- date:20090924 #new support topics:12 resolved:6
- date:20090925 #new support topics:18 resolved:13
- date:20090926 #new support topics:9 resolved:1
- date:20090927 #new support topics:4 resolved:5
- date:20090928 #new support topics:10 resolved:8
- #replies from non MoMo folks: 2 from Lightning folks (thanks Martin and Philip!) 4 from TMZ MoMo folks: 82 from Roland, 5 from Mark Banner
- happiness metric: API doesn't have happiness emotitags, asked GS staff about that, code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190094, manual happiness metric = 107 - 82 = 25
- Landed part of bug 515218. Working on the other part right now.
- message header toolbar customization work bug 465138
- Reviews & Driving
- Held b4 post-mortem.
- bug 519041 Implemented context menu for context tabs (shared with message context menu).
- Added about:license to the list of about dialog items - remaining part of bug 480533.
- bug 505558 Improved about dialog buttons so locales aren't struggling for horizontal width.
- bug 518175 Stop stripping mac nightlies.
- Reviews and Driving
- Added autosync pr logging bug 518768
- Fixed empty new mail alert, bug 459045
- Make imap offline sync pay attention to db's getting closed, should fix crash in morkRowObject::CloseRowObject bug 480090
- Handle case of duplicate special folders in an account, with smart folder mode, bug 516923
- Cleanup some of our shutdown w/ cleanup on exit handling to try to help with hangs on exit, bug 494014
- Relax size comparison on offline store messages because we seem to be off by one with gmail messages, stops autosync from stalling/repeatedly downloading messages bug 517466
- Use server's identity for archive folder, if found, otherwise use hdr/x-mozilla-account key to determine identity, bug 511780
- Several other fixes awaiting reviews.
- Mac Minis imaged and running
- Better staging buildbot
- buildbot/buildbotcustom updates
- Question: How does one sanely netboots+reimages minis 100% remotely/unattended ?
- ISPDB : Bugzilla component to the "Mozilla Messaging" product, file bugs!
- Nice traffic increase due to beta4
- Some performance improvements to the start page
- DNS server updates
- topcrash and crash filing, researching, and tracking. see QA updates
- created spreadsheet that may go public, but private for now. poke me if you want to see.
- trying to find my sync/non-gloda-indexing issues
- researched bugs for new meta bug 519202 incomplete/incorrect/inaccurate search or filter results ... to focus on issues of bad search results [excepting of gloda]
- bug 442222 Thunderbird 3 credits
- string changes completed
- If you have any nominations, now is the time. No new nominations via credits webform so far.
- granted bugz privs to 1
- Who column changes only blocker for next beta of Eudora 8/Penelope
- Added a pref which controls whether the application quits when the user closes the main window
- Working on a feature where selection change in the folder pane doesn't update the mailbox displayed, but double-click (or Enter or some right-click context menu items) will open up the mailbox in a new tab/window
- Fixed the shortcut problems that were happening on Mac
- Lots of little bug fixes for the upcoming beta
- Filed a few bugs on ISPDB
- SeaMonkey 2.0 driving - progress is very good on that front
In the last week I completed a slew of bugs (that I can now checkin myself):
- bug 515927 - Marking message as not spam doesn't clear deleted flag from message
- bug 517996 - Tools|Delete Mail Marked As Junk Folder not working in 20090921 nightly
- bug 518667 - crash [@ nsImapMailFolder::UpdateFolderWithListener(nsIMsgWindow*, nsIUrlListener*)]
- bug 505949 - Junk folder on Local Folders not created and possible data loss
- bug 462578 - Implement Quick Search option "Subject, Sender or Recipient" (Subject, From, To, CC or BCC) to allow filtering for full conversations with a contact easily
- bug 518188 - Body search term not available in Search Messages when "in" is an account
- bug 518565 - crash [@nsMsgFilterList::LoadTextFilters(nsIInputStream*) ]
- bug 518846 - search in searchbar should search by subject, from, to, cc, bcc
I have a couple of bugs in for review, neither of which are critical for TB3/SM2. Otherwise, although I watch the bug reports and user comments for issues in my areas, I am mostly focused on my extensions, which are way, way behind the backend features that have been implemented.
- Finishing touches to 3.0b4
- usual bizness
This week :
- Preparing Eu moz camp 2009 talk
- Preparing Migration Day for next week
- usual bizness
- Closed bug 509044, and bug 478989.
- Posted a patch for bug 519429.
- Started work on bug 490430.
- Reviewed bug 518851, and bug 518840.
- Created bug 518614, and bug 519277.
- Code Sprint at U of T!!!
- Helped dmose with Windows css changes for bug 465138.
- Continue to help students with ISPDB.
- More work on bug 515371, and the rest of my blockers.
- General autoconfig error-handling cleanup.
- coordination work with potential new Spread Thunderbird theme and designer, Hubert Florin of agentic.ca
- perhaps get working Spread Thunderbird theme to test from Hubert Florin
- get material to David Tenser for MozCamp Europe support presentation
- look at possibly getting campus students to help out with support
bwinton, gozer, davida, rebron, standard8, dmose, bienvenu, KaiRo, jenzed, roland, Tsk, clarkbw