- Ensure that users who are not covered by plugin auto-update mechanisms are not left vulnerable to active exploits
- Improve the plugin installation process across the board (less perceived failure, etc)
- Minimize in-app localization changes
- Drop PFS wizard, as most plugins are forced to fall back to binary installers to get global install right.
- XPI installs will still work like extensions, they'll invoke the EM UI instead.
- Build a new PFS that either:
- Hosts information on the plugin for a streamlined download process and provides a link to the site (much like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7)
- Redirects users to the vendor download site directly, or has a fallback "no information on this plugin" page with information on how to find obscure plugins (or more information if we have it, i.e. there is no Silverlight for Solaris)