WebAPI Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2013-10-01 - 8:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: conference# 98413
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 98413
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 98413 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 98413
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 98413
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 98413
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 98413
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 98413
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 98413
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 98413
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- WebAPI Vidyo Room / London- / Toronto-Spadina
- Join irc.mozilla.org #webapi for back channel
Notes will be taken on etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/webapi-meetingnotes
- An Inter-App Communication API issue: how can a port know the port on the other end is stopping deliverying message or is actually dead?
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=915880 (comment #10 for possible solutions)
- W3C doesn't like onclose: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23327
- Marcos lobbies for simpler JS-exposed APIs to do specific things like "Music controller", etc.
- lots of discussion about how to avoid exposing GC and deal with crashes
- Ehsan to send an email to WHATWG suggesting not GCing ports
- Shared Workers landed \o/ ... and bounced /o\
- seed questions for Summit Q&A session
- What new APIs can we expect in upcoming Firefox releases?
- Tell us more about standardization status of various APIs
- What's the status of various W3C groups (SysApps, Web Apps)?
- What APIs can I use? What is the best API for ___ use case?
- Are there any upcoming changes to the Firefox OS app security model?
- What are we doing with packaged apps? Are they just a temporary thing?
- Q4 goals, Q3 goals recap
- Ben landed some fancy new IDB features: IDBObjectStore.getAllKeys (preffed off), <something else>
- who wants to own Network Information API? DAP chair wants to shelve it unless someone pushes for it
- Andrew will email dev-b2g and others to find an owner