- Spread Firefox: getting skeen set up for dev
- Mozilla.org gettext: still plugging away
- Interviewed someone, only my second time ever
- AMO/Personas hand-off and touch-ups (1)
- More IA and contextual inquiry for L10n (2)
- Finished Lorentz beta pages (3)
- Brainstorming for Personas Plus + Themes (4)
- Socorro touchups (5, 6) and brainstorming (7)
- On the horizon: Labs, SUMO
- Spark Program - any tips for teaching web dev to 13 year olds
- Code reviews for Kitsune
- Minor remora bugs
- Diagnosing issues Sphinx in production
- Zamboni Frontend Search - does batched queries to obtain filters - fixes some other longstanding Search Bugs
- Minor tweaks to Zamboni search form
- Added a collections index to Sphinx
- Now: Autocomplete, Meeting with Sphinx this week
- personas pages on amo
- extension category pages
- fixing up buttons every now and then
- New scheme for query awesomeness using queryset-transform: http://github.com/jbalogh/zamboni/commits/transform
- Roll up all the translation lookups into one big query
- improving cache efficiency
- Got our list of supported locales in place and wrote middlware for it. (549013)
- Built up our Sphinx testing requirements.
- Got Hudson running.
- jingo-minify (Dave and Fred did the real work.)
- String extraction.
- 2.0 Freeze
- Unicode. So much unicode.
- old picture
- Just hacking on Silver Lining. Encountering little system bugs now, less than satisfying.
- I need to get this thing out into the world more; I think it's usable now. PHP support is much better now.
- I see Mozilla Hudson has some nice metrics... I want to copy those for a separate Hudson deployment I'm using.
- Starting to look at Sphinx setup and configuration to fill out Zamboni deployment. Probably just need to go through it with Dave.
- I'm not sure VirtualBox instantiation is any faster than instantiating a real cloud server, disappointingly. Still need to dig into it, mostly cribbing from a Ruby library that seems like the best wrapper out there.
- I don't have any pictures handy, but here's a picture of my office door
Theme: Interruptions of Interruptions - looking forward to stack overflow
- Socorro 1.6 - unpleasant surprises
- push was delayed by a release
- stuff marked as done that wasn't really done
- dailyUrl report
- utf-8 problem
- the Lorentz versions
- Socorro 1.6.1
- release this week
- Socorro 1.7
- NFS to HBase conversion
- the OOPP twin crash conundrum
- Socorro 1.6 shipped (see lars' excellent summary)
- Scheduled highly limited scope 1.6.1 (things left out, regressions, lorentz overflow)
- Drafted roadmap
- Performed terrifying numerical analysis about increase in crash report volume
- Began enormous triage of all open Socorro bugs
- Started bug 533489 (tried upgrading kohana), decided to do bug 556828 instead
- Fixed bug 532851, worked on bug 556888
- Reviewed a couple SUMO patches and the new New Hire app, need to do this again since skeen decided to port it to kohana
- Dear God. Well, it was the eighties, ok? me in 1988
- Visited Mountain View last week
- Being there in person sure helps being able to hear on conference calls :)
- Weave Sync
- Wrapping my head around registration, installing laptop LDAP, assisting load testing
- Building "expert mode" for editing repack distribution INI bug 538615
- Plugin Directory
- Closing remaining security bugs bug 556022
- This was me:
- working on reviewing an AUS patch so joduinn stops pinging me every 2 hours
- wrapped up summit invite form stuff
- lots of interviews
- worked on blocklist process with nick and beltzner
- got caught up with rypple (sorry about the rypple spam)
- And... me in 1996
- character encoding latin1 => utf8, converting entire SUMO db
- lots of reviews: search tests, template caching & string extraction, minify
- smaller fixes for advanced search: duplicate page param
- push last tuesday
- very excited as we're closing on freeze date
- Planning future of personas
- Add-on features
- website changes
- Hired community manager
- Sweet metrics dashboard
- Me in a steel band
- Had to roll back Bouncer deployment, working on improvements.
- Working on an SSO prototype using the CAS protocol.
- Me in an armchair on a ping pong table