|Date:||August 6th, 2013|
|Time:||10:00 AM Pacific|
|How to Join|
|Teleconferencing:||Room 9 798|
|IRC:||#webdev on irc.mozilla.org|
Webdev Meetings are open to the public and serve as a gathering point for anyone in the Mozilla community who is interested in Web Development and what Mozilla has been doing in it.
What did we ship this month? Alternatively, what didn't we ship to spare the world the horror?
- (List it out, yo)
- Language aware search for the SUMO Knowledge Base!
- Snippets service rewrite!
Open Source Citizenship
Any updates with our libraries or with libraries we use? Anyone looking for help with a library they maintain?
- (Always leave a note)
- erikrose: pyelasticsearch's 0.6 release brings an important fix for bulk indexing. Many of the versions of ES we're using don't appear to be affected, but I highly recommend updating if you aren't sure.
- erikrose: I'm looking for co-maintainers for django-nose, which I don't use much anymore and whose PR hopper is overflowing. (willkg sucked and didn't help at all.)
- jlongster made nunjucks async zomg
- Wraithan: As always would love help with rtfd
New Hires / Interns
Anyone new that we want to induct into the secret order?
- (His name is Robert Paulson)
- Josh Mize is a senior backend developer for WebProd!
The Bikeshed / Roundtable
Anything else to talk about?
- erikrose: peep, pip, fo, fum: the future of cryptographically guaranteed, repeatable Python deployment
- Is this how we'll kill vendor/ good? --wenzel
The 79 character line limit is dead, long live the 79 character line limit.
- Not really, that change was reverted within 24 hours by Guido. http://hg.python.org/peps/rev/82e24ac40255
- craigcook: KSS (Knyle Style Sheets, http://warpspire.com/kss/) - should we use it? The main docs are Ruby-centric but there's a Python implementation (https://github.com/seanbrant/pykss).
- peterbe: Apart from stemming, is PostgreSQL's Full-text index much better than MySQL (InnoDB's as of 5.6 only)?
- http://mozilla.github.io/ !