<< previous week | index | next week>>
- 1:00pm PDT (20:00 GMT)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- 866-432-7917 (US)
- 334-309-0297 (INTL)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- Development Updates
- IT Updates
- Marketing Updates
- Foundation Updates
- Other Business
- code freeze for Alpha 2 scheduled for this Friday (May 5th)
- Alpha 2 target is next Tuesday (May 9th)
- Places was disabled on the 1.8 branch and has been de-prioritized; no longer expected to hit Firefox 2.0
- key elements of Firefox 2 will be: visual refresh, improvements to the tabbed browsing UI, improvements to the search UI and possibly suggest-as-you-type, phishing protection, session restore, improved extension management, spell checking, performance enhancements, and some platform enhancements.
- All information updated here
- Working on various marketing events
- Continuing VMWare migrations for build
- CVS server -> new hardware
- Cutover is planned for Tuesday (rescheduled)
- Continued work on stats
- Continued work on network/colo buildout
- Various gear testing
- OpenVPN testing continues
Firefox Flicks Awards event a big success!
- announced the three winners and two honorable mentions
- First Place "Daredevil" by Pete Macomber
- Second Place "Wheee!" by Jeff Gill
- Third Place "Fox Fever" by Andrew Green
- honorable mention: "This is Hot" by Danny Robashkin
- honorable mention: "Pass the Soap" by Chris Wedding
- screened 20 videos
- panel discussion on community-generated content, viral marketing, and web video
- lots of great press coverage around the Flicks awards ceremony
- winners and Flicks team attended SFIFF's Film Society awards dinner.
Flicks ongoing work
- nearly 200 more videos still to post to website, working to post as many as possible each day.
- finding additional exposure opportunities for top Flicks.
- getting ready to announce second phase of project
Speadfirefox Japan launched