- 1:00pm PST (21:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 879 4799 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
- Couple of security/crash bug concerns popped up over the weekend, but nothing to worry about. The exploitable bugs have been fixed.
- QA is wrapping up testing/verifications
- Completed smoketests, BFTs, and l10n spot checks for Firefox and Thunderbird RC builds; no critical issues reported.
- Build team is preparing update test environments for testing client and AUS changes. Will focus on minor updates for 18.104.22.168 -> 1.5.0.x early this week and move on to major update testing later.
- On track for release next week on Nov. 7.
- Firefox 2 shipped on the declared target date of Tuesday, October 24th (only a few weeks off of the original guesstimate target date set last year!)
- With Firefox 2 out the door, we'd like to re-kick the discussions on a Thunderbird 2 release schedule with QA and the build team.
- We've started working with Seth B. to figure out the community giving program and how it relates to many of the Mozilla mail contributors.
- Tuesday, Nov 27 is target date for Gecko 1.9 alpha release (week after U.S. Thanksgiving)
- Tinderbox updates
We released Firefox 2.0. What more can I say... ;)
- Major/Minor update testing between 1508 and Fx2
- L10n spot checks
- In-product web page testing
- Firefox and Tbird 1508
- BTFs on TBird
- Bug fix verification
- L10n spot checks
- Tested 3 special distros
- Investigated numerous late breaking bug reports [marcia, robcee, davel, others]
- Worked with on Minor/Major Software Update test cases [juan and others]
- Converted 16 CSS layout tests to run under reftest [robcee]
- Worked on getting the Pageload test graphs cleaned up in the new graph server tool [alice]
Tools and Infrastructure
- IT setup the new VMs for Vista testing in the QA Farm
- worked on automated testday reporting in litmus. Should be available/checked in early this week. [coop]
- Reftests are now working under buildbot [davel]
- Started working on symbols cleanup scripts since we are running out of space more quickly on the netapp. [jay]
- Posted for help designing QMO. Got some interesting themes from volunteers. Was also convinced to move away from WP and try Drupal as the foundation for QMO. Evaluating the system now and looking at other CM software. [jay]
- Alice and robcee Attended the FSOSS symposium
- Fx2 launch
- Europe colocation
- Webtools migration - Thursday
- Stage migration
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- We launched Firefox 2 last Tuesday.
- We're working on several new marketing programs we'll be rolling out over the next month.
- Deb and Eric attended the Free Software and Open Source Symposium in Toronto, where Eric gave a well attended and well received talk about MDC and open source documentation.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- styles and adjustments in v2 pages
- wiki-fied l10n procedure for static pages - thanks Fred
- progress on l10n for dynamic content using DB backend (clouserw rules)
- load testing this week, working with IT
- looking to get categories, dictionary pages up
- AUS updates
- Sentry 2 runs prior to Fx2 release to test sha1sums for all distributed files
- Migrated bouncer v1 data to a v2 database and ran the updated sentry Python daemon to query all files on all mirrors and download/sumcheck them
- thanks to Lars for some last-minute heroics!
- see the report
- Pushed the Fx2 pages
- Been doing minor tweaks as things come up, but overall, updates went smoothly
- Thanks to everyone in #tacostand and all the localizers for their great work!