- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself, if desired, to keep phone noise down.
- Major Updates Fx 15012->2004 offered to beta users last week
- Still early to tell what's going on from what is in Dashboard data
- On schedule to release major updates on 6/21 (Thu)
- Shipping Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 this Thursday (6/14)
- We met today to discuss Fx 2005 release. Scope and schedule to be determined. We'll have an update on Wednesday.
- Prasad, Jörg, Kreeger, Damitha and others continue to keep cranking at string API changes in mailnews in preparation for using frozen linkage (Bug #379070).
- Thanks to everyone who participated in the Thunderbird community test day on Friday.
- Security Focus: Tracking 24 specific bugs with 10 platform engineers last week.
- GFX: Lots of blockers fixed for A5, big perf patch landed for i18n pages
- Textframe bug and perf analysis
- Mac: CoreGraphics, popups, and context menus, with 3 blockers closed last week.
- June 12 is the last day for hi-risk patches for A6.
- Textframe on track to be enabled by default on trunk this week (hopefully before tomorrow ends, right?).
- X-Site XHR patch planned for this week.
- Places team working on feedback from a6, tagging and other backend improvements
- Focus on security bugs, evaluating what we can do as part of the overall security push
- Larry coming soon to a browser near you
- EM work should start coming in soon..
- Netapp outage
- Caused 4 tinderboxen to be offline for Friday
- Was a bug in the shelf firmware - resolved
- Ramping up for major release
- Excess mirror capacity online
- Adding capacity to addons cluster
- Load tests this week
- Considering time-throttling major updates if needed
- Pageload server migrated
- VMWare migrations are resuming - downtime to be announced
- production collectors are up and collecting
- continuing to debug issues with developers
- AMO in .nl
- Loadbalancers have been upgraded, to be put back in service this week
- There was a Netapp outage on Friday; IT resolved the issue with NTAP, but there will be a short tree-closure and outage sometimes this week to tweak a couple of Netapp settings; hopefully we'll do it on Tuesday; if not, it'll be Thursday.
- The outage is a good opportunity to point out the (semi-new) Build:Outage_Policy; it outlines some new procedures that we intend to follow in planned outages so there won't be scramble to close the tree. I'll be updating the policy to include the differences for unplanned outages (which we largely followed on Friday).
- IT will be working on some VMware migrations/upgrades/backups this week, so there may be tree-closures related to that; watch planet.m.o and/or IT's blog for outage announcements.
- preed will be on the East Coast for the next couple of weeks, working on Fx3 build stuffs. He'll be in Toronto from Wednesday to Sunday and New York City the week after.
- preed will also be presenting at the New York Linux Users' Group June meeting on "Releasing Open Source Software at Scale: Keeping Firefox Running on Millions of Desktops."
- Build bug triage continues. Please file bugs for anything you expect us to be doing. If you feel something is taking too long, please email us with the bug#.
Welcome Tim Keenan - Accessibility Test Engineer/Evangelist
- Firefox 3: The team is busy planning FFx3 testing, creating test cases and testing Alpha 3 [tchung and many others]
- Testing Thunderbird 126.96.36.199: See bug fix verification results. [juan, tomcat, marcia, others]
- Major update testing: Pushed major updates for 188.8.131.52 -> 184.108.40.206 to beta testers. [juan, jay, tomcat, others]
- Developing test plans and cases for growl, search, tabbed browsing, and visual refresh, Web Content Handling, just to name a few!
Tools and Infrastructure
- Buildbot test automation
- Completed development and testing of user permission groups [zach]
- Finished the Reset forgotten password feature. Wrote email sending background. DB backend work, UI, authentication code [zach]
- Helped Tracy get Test::Litmus::Reporter installed on his machine for submitting Eggplant results to Litmus [zach]
- Implemented bug 383152 - added previewTestgroup function, bug 383433 - primary key fixups to test_result_bugs, and bug 383293: added ability to persist single form variables -> fixed testcase second search failure [coop]
- Talos - next gen performance testing
- Did backend for the mac port. Customized platform-specific system calls to work on mac. Got startup time tests (ts) working. Page load tests are working and reporting page load times, but not yet reporting memory and CPU usage. Investigated irregularities in the startup time test results. Talked to bsmedberg and narrowed the cause down to Extension Manager. [zach]
- Minotaur - preferences testing
- Completed the "Extractor" piece of the Minotaur test. Nearly completed the validation piece of the Minotaur test. Compiled list of known preference settings to check for in partner builds [ctalbert]
- Test environments
- This includes the operating system along with profiles that will be captured in VMs for more consistent and pre-meditated testing of configurations. [marcia, jay, others]
- Started defining new crash reports with (topcrash by build, crashes by release) [ispiked, jay]
- Landed Sisyphus test framework - See bug 383286 [bc]
- A FFx3 A5 test day was held on Fri
- QMO: Finalized 2 options for the QMO logos
- Last week's vulnerabilities still under investigation
- Results of this analysis will determine schedule for 220.127.116.11
- Window in Boston for the rest of the week meeting with analysts
- Discussing process, security strategy, and security check-up
- Support - Top priorities: Staffing, vendor selection, prototyping knowledge base and search (all in progress). More detailed blog post to come this week.
- International - Timeline and first steps for international marketing efforts posted.
- Mozilla Store - redesign has been approved, implementation has started.
- Welcome Ken Kovash, new analytics manager.
- Welcome to OutCast Communications, our new US PR agency.
- Mozilla Blog live
- OSCON: Please sign up for office hours.
- Community development in Brazil and Argentina June 20 - July 4. Planning nearly completed. JT and Asa headed south of the equator.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- All blockers are closed.
- Fixed ratings
- Changes in download script to help decrease load for major update
- worked on Frankenfox patch
- Stagger patch
- Load testing
- Build automation
- Refactoring bouncer step for bouncer1
- Logic for hash checking and locale verification
- We're recruiting/hiring fulltime web developers. If you know anybody please send them along to morgamic.
- Morgamic in town Wed-Fri for interviews and coop hacking on build automation or AUS or Breakpad or all of the above.