- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 2.1 Firefox
- 2.2 Gecko
- 2.3 Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Firefox 3.5.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- 2.4 Thunderbird
- 2.5 SeaMonkey
- 2.6 Mobile
- 2.7 IT
- 2.8 Release Engineering
- 2.9 QA
- 2.10 Security
- 2.11 Marketing/PR
- 2.12 Support
- 2.13 Metrics
- 2.14 Evangelism
- 2.15 Labs
- 2.16 Developer Tools
- 2.17 Add-ons
- 2.18 Webdev
- 2.19 L10n
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
Please send FotT nominations to email@example.com. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.
- krupa wrote in "I'd like to nominate the following community members: His awesomeness- Milos Dinic,for all the help he provided on QA'ing AMO 5.1 and for being our ceaseless source of enthusiasm. And Truman Smith for churning out Selenium test cases for SpreadFirefox and helping us build our automated test suite."
- Akash wrote, "I wanted to nominate kbrosnan as a friend of the tree for his work on our Fennec 1.0 Beta 4 Testday.He not only filed 5 bugs on the day, but also guided a newcomer on how to file a proper bug report (his first ever) on bugzilla!"
- Smokey wrote, "I'd like to nominate Reed Loden as a Friend of the Tree for securing the return of the much-linked UA sniffing evangelism site geckoisgecko.org from squatters, and also Christopher Henderson, who has been maintaining the content and running it on geckoisgecko.info in the interim."
- Code freeze targeted for this week (check the Tuesday engineering or Wednesday product meetings for details).
- Personas support now live in 3.6 nightlies - check it out at www.getpersonas.com
- ongoing theme development work for Firefox 3.7 and 4.0, discussions in dev-apps-firefox
- targetting find-tab-in-awesomebar for Firefox 3.7
- Firefox's team goals for Q4 have been set with a focus on ensuring a stable, high quality Firefox 3.6 product is shipped and looking towards the future with work on Firefox 3.7 and Electrolysis.
- The CrashKill meeting will repeat today at 3pm. Watch dev.planning for the announcement. Last week we covered the top 25 crashes, assigned individual developers when needed, and started directed outreach to binary extension and plug-in vendors who are causing crashes.
- Team blocker numbers:
Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Firefox 3.5.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- Firefox 3.0.15 / Firefox 3.5.4
- mostly on track for October 21 releases
- need to take at least two more fixes before starting builds
- ETA for "go to build" tomorrow morning, possibly not until Wednesday
- Firefox 3.0.16 / Firefox 3.5.5
- branches open for check-ins later this week -- work on your patches and approval requests now!
- Strings frozen for 2.0
- Code freeze tomorrow midnight PDT
- RC1 after that, RC2 is expected to go final
- We look to be in good shape for making final around Oct 21
- bugzilla.mozilla.org Upgrade
- Will be getting upgraded to Bugzilla version 3.4.2 next week (Oct 15th).
- There will be a staging copy hosted at https://bugzilla-stage-tip.mozilla.org/ starting Tuesday afternoon.
- Please play with it and report problems *before* it goes to production. :)
- Pushed out a number of updates last week
Notable downtime this week
- Thursday - ChinaCache & AMO cutover bug 512729
- win7 SDK deployed (except on 1.9.1)
- split tests deployed, backed out
- working on a scheme for rolling out tp4/shutdown tests to the nokias
- releng blogging blitz end of Oct
- Tested Personas 1.3 for release last week
- Gearing up for multiple release work: 3.0.15, 3.5.4, 3.6b1
- Spent most of the week verifying bugs, and working on testplans and testcases
- Fennec b4 testing last week. See below for testday results
Web Dev Testing
- Tested and shipped AMO 5.1
- Tested and shipped SUMO 1.4.01
- Tested and shipped Personas student contest, which involved regression-testing the regular site (found a few bugs)
Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community
- Metrics - Added "fixes by DevGroup" metrics. These are fully automated versions of metrics from Damon. See sidebar on Murali's Project Metrics dashboard.
- Mozmill Talk well attended, good questions over the weekend at MozCamp EU
- Made quite a bit of progress on a Device specific Test Agent for the new Mobile Testing Framework (thanks a lot to blassey!)
- Starting on Server side of framework this week
- Working to try to help reproduce crash kill bugs
- More notes are always here.
- Made blog post on Content Security Policy.
- Good press cycle picking up on post:
- Reactions to Chrome Frame in Ars Technica, ComputerWorld, CNET,
- Mozilla CSP in Computerworld, The Register, Security Focus, Threatpost, BetaNews, Internet News, InformationWeek
- Plug-in check in Lifehacker and GHacks
- MozCampEU in ComputerWorld UK
Mozilla Service Week
- Please share your "Stories" for our round up next week. Post on Mozillaservice.org or email mary @ mozilla dot com.
- Total pledge hours: Over 13,000
- Reported hours to-date: 8,610
- Please submit your hours and get your certificate!
- Jornadas Regionales de Software Libre en ChileOctober 7 - 9, 2009, Santiago, Chile - Sponsoring event and bringing together the Mozilla Hispanic Community. + 2 day MozCamp Prior. It's underway We have a schedule for MozCamp Chile and the schedule for JRSL. At JRSL Seth and Chofmann will both be keynoting in addition to 4 other MoCo talks throughout Wednesday - Friday. Please check out the wiki to see all of the work that has gone into making these events a reality - https://wiki.mozilla.org/JRSL_Chile
- Philippine Blog Awards October 9, 2009 in Luzon, Philippines - Sponsoring this even in order to continue to build the Philippiine community and Tagalog locale.
- Free Software and Open Source Symposium (FSOSS) October 29 - 30, 2009 Toronto, Canada. We are sponsoring this event. We currently have representation from both Mozilla Foundation and Corporation speaking.
- Add-on-Con December 2009, Mountain View, CA. We are sponsoring this event and starting to build sessions aroudn the event theme.
- Help the Fennec 1.0 Beta 4 test day last Friday. See results.
- Community marketing call this Wednesday, Oct. 7th at 10 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC
- Dial-in Info: +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#
- Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#. If you're outside the US, use Skype to call in with our toll-free number.
- You can also watch the meeting live in Open Video at air mozilla
- For those that can't make the call or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on IRC (irc.mozilla.org).
- No updates this week (traveling back from an amazing #eumozcamp09 weekend!)
- Firefox Market Share Update – September's numbers look good
- No Updates
- Personas 1.3 released with support for favorites! More info in the blog post.
- Jorge in MozCamp Chile for the next two days
- 51% of add-ons are compatible with Fx 3.6, time to start testing with 3.6, more info coming soon
- AMO 5.1 launched last Thursday blog post | bug stats
- Plugin checker is on stage. See our blog post and give us some feedback! We're working out the kinks and hope to launch this week.
No updates for this week.