« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
- Mozilla QA is holding a work week through Friday. The schedule of events is located here. Welcome to Mt. View all the Mozilla QA remotees!
- The Gecko Platform Team is holding a work week through Friday.
- The Socorro (crash statistics) team is holding a work week.
- Direct employees of the Mozilla Foundation are on site this week.
Monday, 13 September
Tuesday, 14 September
Wednesday, 15 September
- Firefox 4 Beta 6 Code Freeze is scheduled
- we will be discussing branch mechanics at the Tuesday meeting, but it is likely that this will also be the Gecko 2.0 branch point from mozilla-central
Thursday, 16 September
Friday, 17 September
- Mozilla IT has requested a long downtime on the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, in order to upgrade network infrastructure at the 650 Castro Office. This would require that mozilla-central be closed.
Product Status Updates
- beta 6 code freeze moved from last Friday to this Wednesday
- still many blockers left to go (UI bugs | Platform bugs)
- JaegerMonkey landed on mozilla-central, is now part of nightly builds
- beta 6 is still planned as Feature Freeze
- no new user interface features to be added after this beta
- no new web platform features to be added after this beta
- no new strings to be added after this beta without l10n approval
- no platform API changes to be added after this beta without driver approval
Firefox 3.6.9 & 3.5.12
- Investigating a possible startup crash regression in 3.6.9/3.5.12 (bug 594699)
- Investigating personas plus issue (bug 590978) and possible fixes
Firefox 3.6.10 & 3.5.13
- Schedule is in flux due to 3.6.9 investigations
- We have been marking bugs as blockers and approving patches
- Please get your blockers in early!
- Account provisioning and pluggable storage feature work is ongoing.
- Shipped Thunderbird 3.1.3
- Halted 3.1.3 automatic updates due to startup crasher bug 594699
- Analysis about how to move forward in-progress
Older Branch Work
- School of Webcraft classes start Wed, Sep 15
- Major new release for Universal Subtitles later this month -- more details soon
- Interesting new project: Graffiti Mark-up Language
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Castro Downtime (Sept 18/19)||Ravi Pina||Upcoming downtime for Castro based Talos/builders|
|RelEng infrastructure load||joduinn||developers are busy! If using TryServer, please select what exact jobs you want using https://wiki.mozilla.org/Build:TryChooser - dont waste CPU cycles||http://oduinn.com/blog/2010/09/09/infrastructure-load-for-august-2010/|
|Mozilla & You Newsletter||Eve Murto||New Mainstream User Newsletter||http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/about/newsletter/2010-09/|
|Interactive Firefox 4 Heatmap||Blake Cutler & Chris Jung||Visualizing Usage of the Firefox 4 Beta UI||heatmap.mozillalabs.com|
Status Updates By Team
- Thunderbird add-on experiments ongoing
Last Couple Weeks
- Amsterdam datacenter moved.
input.mozilla.com& Fx4 releases. This site gets significantly more traffic than we had projected. Working on moving it off shared infrastructure.
- Castro Office Downtime - Saturday/Sunday
- Will affect all Talos and builders in the Castro Street office
- Upgrading office firewall & Aruba wireless controller
- Outage will last ~6 hours
bugzilla.mozilla.orgactive/active between San Jose & Phoenix.
- QA Org Highlights
- David Burns, accepted offer. Starts 10/25/2010.
- Browser Technologies
- Fennec 2.0 Beta 1 code freeze pushed out until 9/14. Continuing to test nightlies on supported devices
- Jetpack 0.8 tested and shipped this week
- Encountered a settings bug 594178 in the test pilot study (about:firefox) that broke the home button on beta 5.
- A meeting is setup next week by chris jung to discuss QA/Dev testing and additional process needed
- Desktop Firefox
- Firefox 4 Beta 5 Shipped!
- preparing for Firefox 3.6.9 and 3.5.12 final releases and release process
Automation & Tools
- 13,000 Test results submitted for Grafx Bot since the beta 5 release
- only 2 crashes, sifting through the results, will blog later this week
- Profile manager is now ready for review, will be submitting for review
- We're throwing a war on orange coffee and doughnut discussion this week in honor of the platform work week. Friday at 10am.
- More info here
- Mozilla fixes Firefox holes, curtails clickjacking
- Mozilla fixes Firefox's DLL load hijacking bug
- Apple, Mozilla Fix DLL Loading Issue in Browsers
- Mozilla patches DLL load hijacking vulnerability
- Mozilla: Now is the time for browser-based games
- Mozilla launches web-gaming push
- Mozilla Launches Initiative to Promote Browser Games
- Mozilla Labs Vaguely Announces Web-Based Gaming Initiative
- Firefox 4 Beta 5 Gets IE9-Style Hardware Acceleration
- Firefox JaegerMonkey Builds Are Available
- First Look: Firefox 4 JaegerMonkey
When the "Good News"'ll be annouced ?
(And when "the true news" 'll be ?)
I know it's not a forum, so, please let me knonw...
- The Inspector tool, which has been appearing in Firefox 4 beta releases, has been moved to the next Firefox release in order to give it more time to bake.
- The Web Console tool is looking good for the next Firefox beta.
- The Bespin project is now known as Mozilla Skywriter and its repository has moved to GitHub. Follow our updates on Twitter: @MozSkywriter