« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 6.1 Firefox
- 6.2 Platform
- 6.3 Messaging
- 6.4 Mobile
- 6.5 IT
- 6.6 Release Engineering
- 6.7 QA
- 6.8 Automation & Tools
- 6.9 Security
- 6.10 Engagement
- 6.11 Support
- 6.12 Metrics
- 6.13 Evangelism
- 6.14 Labs
- 6.15 Developer Tools
- 6.16 Add-ons
- 6.17 Webdev
- 6.18 L10n
- 6.19 People Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
- Cameron McCormack for finding a simple way of drastically reducing the time required to run our debug tests. bug 479352
Monday, 18 July
Tuesday, 19 July
Diary Studies from a Google Researcher, Andrea Knight
10Forward - noon
Diary studies can be a great technique if you're trying to understand a user's behavior over the course of a week or two, but can't observe them the whole time. Learn how to make sure your diary study is successful and helps you answer your hypothesis.
Wednesday, 20 July
- 10 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC/19:00 CET.
- In-progress agenda and dial-in info here.
Mobile Ethnography study examples from AnswerLabs
- A SF-based user research agency which worked with us before, AnswerLab, recently presented a case study of a mobile ethnography they conducted with Wells Fargo at the UPA Conference. They will share the presentation with us again with more details on Wednesday.
- It would be a good way to spend you lunch time if you are interested to know more about early-stage user research, or just to hang out for mobile related user findings.
Thursday, 21 July
Bitcoin: A Technical Introduction
Brownbag, Thursday, 21 July, 12:00 noon, 10-Forward (also on Air Mozilla)
Brian Warner will explain the cryptographic protocols, economicincentives, and proof-of-work system in Bitcoin, a new decentralized digital currency that's been in the news recently. Slides are available at  .
Friday, 22 July
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (6, 7, 8)
- Updates live again on all trains after the most recent migration
- Seeing double digit aurora channel growth again
- (And, anecdotally, lots of love for the memory improvements there)
- Blog post coming on release timing in rapid release, since there's still a lot of uncertainty
- It'll be on the channels blog, stay tuned!
Firefox Current (3.5, 3.6, 4.0, 5.0)
- The Firefox 3.6.20 (used to be called 3.6.19, which was then used by the 10.7 out-of-band release) schedule is now posted
- Shipping at the same time as Firefox 6 (August 16)
- Code freeze for non-blockers: 2011-07-25
- Code freeze for blockers: 2011-08-01
Thunderbird 6 is going to Beta this week.
- Knight-Mozilla Learning Lab: awesome lecture & slides from Chris Heillman this morning.
- (Archived video version coming soon)
- Popcorn.js: stick around for Lightning Talk from Brett Gaylor on their new release!
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|New uses of popcorn.js||Brett Gaylor||Popcorn.js - the butt kicking HTML5 media framework||http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7968133/popcornmonday.pdf||http://www.popcornjs.org|
|Mozilla's Local Communities||David Boswell||New pages that highlight Mozilla's local communities around the world|
Status Updates By Team
- Shipped Firefox 6 beta 2 for Mobile to Android Market
- working through a qa sync and load environment within the team
- Mobile QA and Services QA workweek this week (offsite on 7/19)
- AMO 6.1.5
- SUMO http://moxie.jamessocol.com/bugstats/sumo/2011-07-12
- MDN https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=671560 7/14
- Personas https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=671552 7/14
- Upcoming QA Automation Services work week in Cambridge, on July 25th - 29th
Automation & Tools
- Mozilla's BrowserID aims to simplify authentication on the Web
- A New Technology to Battle Website Password Fatigue
- BrowserID is launched! Follow identity.mozilla.com for updates, come talk to us if you have ideas!
Introducing New Hires
- Carmen Collins is joining the User Engagement team as 'Content Editor' [Jane Finette]
- Aakash Desai has officially joined the Contributor Engagement team as a product manager for the Mozillians platform. [Mary Colvig]
- Irving Reid has joined the Thunderbird Team. [Blake Winton]
- Allison Naaktgeboren: Joining the Services team, managed by Mike Connor, located in Mtn. View Office.
- Randell Jesup: Joining the Layout team, managed by Rob O'Callahan, located in Pennsylvania.
- Brad Fuellenbach: converting from seasonal employee to full-time on the Recruiting team, managed by Bret Reckard, located in Mtn. View Office.
- Gregory Szorc: Joining the Services team, managed by Mike Connor, located in Mtn. View Office.
- Erica Muxlow has joined Infra Ops as the 'Infrastructure Project Manager' [mrz]
- Chenxia Liu: Joining the Services team, managed by Mike Connor, located in Massachusetts.
- James Murdock: Joining the Legal team, managed by Harvey Anderson, located in Mtn. View Office.
- Fabien Cazenave has joined as a contractor working on the editor component in Gecko. [ehsan]