- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 1.5 Introducing New Hires
- 1.6 Introducing New Interns
- 1.7 Roundtable
- 2 <meta>
- 3 Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- 3.1 QA Community
- 3.2 Automation Services
- 3.3 Automation & Tools
- 3.4 Security
- 3.5 Engagement
- 3.6 Support
- 3.7 Metrics
- 3.8 Evangelism
- 3.9 Labs
- 3.10 Apps
- 3.11 Developer Tools
- 3.12 Add-ons
- 3.13 Webdev
- 3.14 L10n
- 3.15 People Team
- 3.16 WebFWD
- 3.17 Foundation Updates
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Monday, 23 April
Tuesday, 24 April
Wednesday, 25 April
Thursday, 26 April
VIRTUAL FIRESIDE CHAT
Should Mozilla develop tools to help the world learn HTML5?
Join an online interactive "fireside chat" with education tech expert Audrey Watters and Mozilla to discuss. Audrey will share results of her recent research project for Mozilla, and look for your feedback and ideas. What's the best way for Mozilla to help teach "web building" to anyone?
Friday, 27 April
- MDN Doc Sprint, Friday in Mountain View (Holodeck); Saturday and Sunday in San Francisco (Board Room); virtually in #devmo on irc.mozilla.org.
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox Future (12, 13, 14)
Speaker Location: Toronto
- We communicated the EOL of 3.6 (and the impending automatic update to FF12) last week as part of a new set of major update prompts targeting the most populated 3.6 releases
- Firefox 12, Fennec 10.0.4, and Firefox ESR 10.0.4 are all on track for release tomorrow at 8AM
- Communication of the fact that FF13 will no longer support Windows versions less than XP SP2 will also start this week
- Firefox 13 Beta and Firefox 14 Aurora will be released later in the week
Speaker Location: Toronto
- After release tomorrow, mozilla-central will become Firefox 15 and the embargo on mozilla-central changes that pose risk to mobile will be lifted
Older Branch Work
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Guest Speaker: Unreasonable Institute||Daniel Epstein (introduced by Pascal Finette)||Daniel Epstein is the founder of the Unreasonable Institute (ranked most impactful accelerator in the world be the NY Times). Today he is going to be unveiling their newest initiative (www.unreasonableatsea.com)... a 100 day accelerator for technology entrepreneurs that will take place on a ship as it sails more than 25,000 nautical miles around the southern hemisphere.||Slides (PDF): http://cl.ly/G3lC||Watch this 2 minute video introduction - http://vimeo.com/40384173 and find out more at http://www.unreasonableatsea.com|
|Air Mozilla Update||Richard||This is the first Monday Project Meeting on the new Air Mozilla.||http://air.mozilla.org/|
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Ali Spivak||Jean-Yves Perrier||Mountain View||MDN Product Manager|
|David Dahl||Sid Stamm||Mountain View||Privacy Engineering|
|Francois Marier||Ben Adida||Mountain View||Software Engineer|
|Audree Halasz||Mihca Degele||Mountain View||HR Business Partner|
|Naveed Ihsanullah||David Mandelin||Mountain View||Engineering Manager|
|David Walsh||Mike Morgan||Madison, WI||MDN Web Developer, Front-end|
|Kim Moir||Chris Cooper (phone)||Remote - Ottawa||Release Engineer Magic|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- wiki.mozilla.org was migrated by solarce and cturra, to our phx1 data center last week, with no downtime and 1.25 hours of read-only mode.
- Thanks to jason, getpersonas.mozilla.com moved to our new scl3 data center on Saturday. This leaves one last website to move in our sjc1 exodus: developer.mozilla.org
- Beefed up our generic webhosting cluster in phx1 which should add speed to some sites hosted there such as wikimo, blogmo, getfirebug, firefoxflicks, mozillians, qmo, and tbpl, just to name a few.
- a few of our team attended Asterisk training this week. Though vidyo has become a popular option for communications, we still have quite a system of office and remote phones and conferencing to support.
- More servers moved out of our sjc1 data center last week. 3 more weeks to go in this migration!
- Apps-in-the-Cloud servers launching this week in support of the Marketplace ecosystem
- High-volume key signing also hoping to launch for Marketplace receipt signing.
Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- Successful 2012-04-11 release
- moving to continuous deployment
- Made tasks for the remaining production tests so the set will be complete for next week.
- Marlena to demo use cases tomorrow in the Apps show-and-tell
- mozilla.org [I assume this is where it goes] push yesterday, small patch with bug fixes
- Successful milestone 6 release 2012-4-18 - bug 746718
- runs on webdriver!
- Continuous deployment, no updates
- No new updates
- Supported a production re-deploy in Phoenix
Automation & Tools
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview * Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058) * Dial-in Info (phone): ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 99058
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review
- First Mozilla Boot to Gecko Devices Launching by Early 2013
- Mozilla's Plans to Compete in the Smartphone Market Are Advancing
- Mozilla, Telefonica target Brazil for Boot to Gecko smartphone launch
Metrics infrastructure is mostly operational in the new datacenter. We suffered a data loss of the Add-ons usage data for the 20th through the 22nd.
Want to not only get familiar with but actually get involved with some of our awesome projects (see https://webfwd.org/portfolio/)? Join us in our Open Work Day on Sat May 12th - either in Mountain View or via Air Mozilla! Details at https://webfwdopenworkday.eventbrite.com/