- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Monday, 03 December
Tuesday, 04 December
Wednesday, 05 December
Thursday, 06 December
Friday, 07 December
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- PDF.js riding the trains in Aurora
- Search hijacking resets also made FF19
- Click to play should be functional and ready to roll in FF18 (follow ups from FF17 testing have landed)
- Per-window private browsing is testing on Birch, ping Ehsan if you want to help test!
- Do you know someone who works on Tab Mix Plus? Let us know!
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Release tipped over 4.1 stars, Beta at 4.23
- FF19 (Aurora) supports lightweight themes!
- FF19 also has some nice performance wins, especially for low end devices (bug 812594, bug 792603)
- Finkle blogged about building Firefox for x86 android
- Private browsing now in a Fennec near you
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: (no audio update)
- By the numbers: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/counts.html
- Very productive mini-workweek of Gaia devs in Madrid at TEF offices last week.
- Blocker fix velocity is high. Fantastic focus, keep it up!
The video, slides and exercise for the 'Metrics for growth' community building workshop are available.
Check out the recent blog posts about new community metrics projects in the works, including a dashboard of the number of first patches from new contributors committed each month and the contributors to a specific release of Firefox. Learn more at:
MozCamp video re-cap.
Thank you to all of those who participated in the event! Special thanks goes out to the Planning Committee, Track Leads, and presenters for all of their hard work in helping to make the event a success.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Call for Applications for 3rd WebFWD Cohort||Diane Bisgeier||WebFWD III: Apply Today!||n/a||http://webfwd.org|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Erik Rose||Lonnen||Mountain View||Mountain View||Webtools team: static analysis|
|Tony Santos||Larissa Co||Mountain View||San Francisco||User Experience Designer (Marketplace)|
|Arun Ganesan||Larissa Co||Mountain View||Mountain View||User Experience Designer (Firefox OS)|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- SSL CDN deployed for support.mozilla.org
- New Sentry (getsentry.com) cluster deployed and activated for support.mozilla.org
- B2G - Gaia added to MXR search
- etherpad.mozilla.org hardware upgraded, should crash less
- Moved to Chief Deployments - [bug 789051 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=789051]
- Have 16 tests covered and passing; work continues on the remaining ones we can do, covered here: https://github.com/mozilla/gaia-ui-tests/issues?labels=gaia+smoketest&page=1&state=open
- Jason Smith helped us cover listing out all remaining work to complete the smoketests (and more!) in GitHub Issues (see above); thx, Jason!
- We've mapped automated tests directly to their MozTrap manual tests for easier tracking
- We've evangelized and continue to evangelize the tests, and are working to bring both Webdev and a couple core Gaia-dev resources onboard to help us
- We've automated many of the easiest smoketests; the remaining ones will be much harder to get (require Exchange set up for activesync email testing, for example)
- There are still a few high-level Marionette issues that either outright block tests, or make things much harder to automate too
- See the remaining list we're tracking in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=801898
- Successful release on 2012-11-28
- Sentry/Bouncer location availability improvements and reporting - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=804347
- New Usecase report (bundled with the daily reports now) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovl182ag8vkq3gm/moztrap_b2g_reports_2012-11-29.zip
- Milestone 28 successfully release on 2012-11-28 - [bug 816303 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=816303]
Automation & Tools
- Mozilla Announces Facebook Messenger For Firefox
- Mozilla launches Facebook Messenger for Firefox, lets you IM your friends from anywhere on the Web
- Facebook Messenger for Firefox: Never Miss a Facebook Chat
- Mozilla brings deeper social integration to Firefox with Facebook Messenger