- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 1.5 Introducing New Hires
- 1.6 Introducing New Interns
- 1.7 Roundtable
- 2 <meta>
- 2.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 2.1.1 Firefox
- 2.1.2 Platform
- 2.1.3 Services
- 2.1.4 Messaging
- 2.1.5 Mobile
- 2.1.6 IT
- 2.1.7 Release Engineering
- 2.1.8 QA
- 2.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 2.1.10 Security
- 2.1.11 Engagement
- 2.1.12 Support
- 2.1.13 Metrics
- 2.1.14 Evangelism
- 2.1.15 Labs
- 2.1.16 Apps
- 2.1.17 Developer Tools
- 2.1.18 Add-ons
- 2.1.19 Webdev
- 2.1.20 L10n
- 2.1.21 People Team
- 2.1.22 WebFWD
- 2.2 Foundation Updates
- 2.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Christian Holler for making the jit-test suite run in parallel (bug 827960) thereby decreasing by a few hours the cumulative computer wall time spent running these tests, allowing more jobs to be performed on the build infrastructure.
Monday, 14 January
Tuesday, 15 January
Wednesday, 16 January
- At 2:30pm in the accessibility room or #accessibility on irc we will be having a quick chat about accessibility website related stuff, - satdav
- Brownbag: Designing Meaningful Security and Privacy Experiences (in a world where nobody cares?)
- Talk by Larissa Co, Firefox User Experience Designer
- Noon PST at 10Forward. The talk will also be streamed to Toronto, SF, and London
Thursday, 17 January
Today is sumo day - on support.mozilla.org its ask a question day all day
Friday, 18 January
Saturday, 19 January
- Firefox OS App Days begin!
- Locales from Athens to Wellington: Jan 19 - Feb 2: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Engagement/Developer_Engagement/FirefoxAppDays
- Mountain View: Silicon Valley Firefox OS App Day - Computer History Museum: http://firefoxosappday-siliconvalley.eventbrite.com/#
- Join us!
Wednesday, January 23: Meet the WebFWD Teams!
(1) We'll have a noon brown bag with our 7 WebFWD teams who are graduating from the program. They will present their projects to Mozillians at noon in 10FWD, Mountain View. Join us or tune in to Air Mozilla to learn more about their projects.
(2) For those Mozillians *in* Mountain View, we'll be having a meet and greet in Warp Core at 3pm. This will give you a chance to ask directly meet the teams, ask them specific questions, explore how they may fit with your project (or vice versa).
Our teams are listed at http://webfwd.org/portfolio - we hope you will join us!
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox Desktop & Mobile
Speaker Location: Mountain View (johnath)
- FF18 uptake rates are awesome.
- FF18.0.1 likely
- Click to play sure is excellent.
- Firefox Beta for Android now 4.5 visual stars!
- Firefox for Android at 4.17 stars and climbing, but 10x more review volume, so it moves more slowly
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: Dietrich
- Berlin meetup was fantastically productive, bringing the number of release-blocking bugs down to *7*. View the dashboard. Huge thanks to Ashley for coordinating the event, and to DT for hosting.
- Next steps are to work with partners to identify and close the final bugs required for certification by all parties.
- As of immediately, use the blocking-b2g flag instead of blocking-basecamp, nominating issues by setting the value to "tef?". More detailed instructions for post-1/15 life will be sent to the lists this week.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Project Kick Off Form - Bringing Projects to Launch Quickly & Responsibly||Michael Coates - Presenting from SF||New Project Kick Off Form||Slides https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1M5mo1gG5qlWaZrRynrnVM_A4jgCKbBTPjd4A3WzYMZQ/edit||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Kick-Off_Form|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Romain Gauthier||Jb Piacentino||Paris||Berlin||WebRTC Service and applications|
|Q Fortier||Amy Rich||Mountain View||Mountain View||Senior Windows and UNIX Systems Administrator|
|Sandip Kamat||Paxton Cooper||Mountain View||San Diego, CA||Staff Product Manager, Firefox Mobile OS|
|Sricharan Kasetti||Paxton Cooper||Mountain View||San Francisco||Senior Product Manager, Firefox Mobile OS|
|Gregory Maxwell||Robert O'Callahan||Aukland||Mountain View||Codec Engineer|
|Larissa Shapiro||Paxton Cooper||Mountain View||Mountain View||Product Management Operations|
|Leonid Yeykelis||Cori Schauer||Mountain View||Mountain View||User Experience Researcher|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- no update - the project has been put on the back burner while the group works on Mozillians & Flicks
- Firefox OS
- Marketplace / AMO
- No release planned for this week
- The team has moved to kanbanery to track bugzilla tickets - https://mozilla.kanbanery.com/projects/23282/board/
- Continuous deployment, no updates
- Tested 1.3.7 - bulk add/edit tags, syncing between versions
Automation & Tools
- Firefox 19 Beta has built-in PDF viewer, additional ARMv6 support
- Firefox's PDF viewer may boost security by boring hackers
- Firefox Gets Faster with Version 18
- Firefox 18 Brings 21 Updates, Fixes Nearly 3000 Bugs