- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Firefox
- 3.1.2 Platform
- 3.1.3 Cloud Services
- 3.1.4 Content Services
- 3.1.5 Messaging
- 3.1.6 Mobile
- 3.1.7 IT
- 3.1.8 Release Engineering
- 3.1.9 QA
- 3.1.10 Automation & Tools
- 3.1.11 Security
- 3.1.12 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Huge thanks to everyone who supported last week's NewCo events at our Mountain View Space. This includes our awesome recruiting peeps Keith Harris, Michelle Marovich, Shea Healms and Rachel Berenbaum; our PR peeps Laura Napoli and Justin O'Kelly; our knowledgable storytellers Asa Dotzler and Dan Veditz; our esteemed speaker David Bryant and our amazing event pros Lisa Gray and Abbie Woods. Because of you, hundreds more people have been inspired by the Mozilla story.
- Big thanks to all the Mozilla Hacks blog authors of May & June (staff and volunteers in no particular order): Benjamin Peterson, Francesco Iovine, Szmozsánszky István (Flaki), Jason Orendorff, Sean Lin, Jan Odvarko, Potch, Piotr Zalewa, Chris Mills, Brian Grinstead, Nick Desaulniers, Wilson Page, George Politis, Maire Reavy, Dave Camp, Jason Weathersby, Jeff Griffiths, Harald Kirschner. THANK YOU!
- Got an idea for a technical post for web developers? Write for Hacks
Monday, 15 June
Tuesday, 16 June
Wednesday, 17 June
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday)
Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
- San Francisco (@MozSF 1st fl Java room) and Portland
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site — wherever you host it, shared, VPS, or at home; static, dynamic, WordPress, or other software.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
Thursday, 18 June
Friday, 19 June
Saturday, 20 June
- Community Pune Meetup
- The Community Pune meetup is an annual meetup for all Pune (and other nearby regions) Mozillians to be able to come together, recognize and appreciate the work each one of us is putting in for this community and for Mozilla as a whole and also plan out our activities for 2015 in a way that our efforts can be in sync with Mozilla's mission for 2015.
- More info on the Reps Event page
Sunday, 21 June
- OpenSource Bridge, in Portland, OR. From 23rd to 26th
- Open Source Bridge is a conference for developers working with open source technologies and for people interested in learning the open source way.
- Hong Kong OpenSource Conference, 26th, and 27th.
- MozTW and Mozilla Hong Kong members are going to developing Mozilla present in HKOSC, with related sessions/workshops and a Mozilla demonstration booth.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Lars Bergstrom: Remote
We are holding two 3-hour training sessions during the Whistler workweek. One is on Servo, the new web rendering engine, and one is on the new programming language, Rust. Neither requires previous experience, and both will have a substantial, mentored, hands-on hacking portion.
Servo - Wednesday, 1–4 PM: http://sched.co/3ZQn
Rust - Thursday, 1–4 PM: http://sched.co/3ZQp
Please sign up using the Sched links so we make sure we have sufficient space and mentors!
Andrew Sliwinski (Portland)
- Webmaker for Android
- Beta now available on Google Play (http://mzl.la/webmaker)
- Launch activities now underway
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Liz Compton||Legal Affairs Manager||A couple of announcements from Legal||Mountain View||No|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Shraddha Patil||Sheeri Cabral||Mountain View||US Remote (CA)||Data Integration Engineer|
|Pallavi Yaramada||Faramarz Rashed||Mountain View||Mountain View||Engineering Manager|
|Alexander Fridman||Sylvie Veilleux||Mountain View||San Francisco||Sr. Director, IT Service Operations|
|Andreas Wagner||Amy Tsay||Mountain View||Germany Remote||Add-ons Technical Editor|
|Kristine Solon||Lenae Lukens||Mountain View||Mountain View||Accountant|
|Connor Imes||Lars Bergstrom||US Remote (Chicago)||US Remote (Chicago)||Research|
|Jamie Nicol||Milan Sreckovic||Toronto||London||Platform Graphics|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Andrei Oprea||Dan Mosedale||Mountain View||San Francisco||FFX OS|
|Steven Englehardt||Tanvi Vyas||Mountain View||San Francisco||Security Engineering|
|Jonathan Almeida||Michael Comella||Mountain View||San Francisco||Mobile|
|Huon Wilson||Alex Chrichton||Mountain View||San Francisco||Research|
|Koki Yoshida||Peter deHaan||Mountain View||Mountain View||Cloud Services|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Content Services will hold a Brownbag for Suggested Tiles at Whistler on Friday June 26, 10:30 - 11:30am. Please visit Sched for location details. All are invited!
The IT team is standing up a new capability for Mozilla: Cloud Service Broker. Is your data stuck in a SaaS silo? Do you wish your SaaS app had single sign-on? Is your SaaS vendor working hard enough for you? Learn more about how IT can help SaaS owners at Mozilla during Whistler. Join us Tues 4pm, Summit Room at Aava or see Sched for more (http://sched.co/3fV1).
Automation & Tools
Bringing Kids to Whistler? there are a few of us and it might be fun to coordinate... sign up here and we'll try to get the kids together with their grownups for some fun. Please DONT share this list outside Mozillians for security reasons. Anyone who doesn't have mozilla.com email can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access (please tell me who you are in the request, Mozillian, spouse or grandparent or childcare person or whatever)