- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Firefox
- 3.1.2 Platform
- 3.1.3 Messaging
- 3.1.4 Mobile
- 3.1.5 IT
- 3.1.6 Connected Devices
- 3.1.7 Release Engineering
- 3.1.8 QA
- 3.1.9 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.10 Security
- 3.1.11 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- All the 106 volunteers that attended All Hands from 32 different countries from all over the globe!
- Firefox Dev Tools code contributor and new Mozilla Hacks author Jarda Snajdr, who wrote Developer Edition 49: Network Request Stack Traces and more earlier this month, while many of us were in transit.
- Big thanks to Yuki Hiroshi, aka Piro (pronounced "Peer-oh"), who is our newest Friend of Add-ons! Piro is a longtime add-on developer who is helping his fellow developers through the transition to WebExtensions.
- Mozilla Tech Speakers who gave talks to developers over the last couple weeks: Sumanth Damarla at Riviera Dev, in France, on web security; Rabimba Karanjai on IoT at Open Source Bridge, Portland; Daniele at ConfSL (Italian Conference on Free Software) in Palermo; Dorothée Danedjo and team at Silicon Mountain Conf, Cameroon. Thanks!
Monday, 27 June
Tuesday, 28 June
Wednesday, 29 June
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday — fortnightly)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Brighton ENGLAND,
San Francisco (at MozSF 1st floor, host: Tantek Çelik), and
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
- Brighton ENGLAND,
Thursday, 30 June
Friday, 01 July
Saturday, 02 July
Sunday, 03 July
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Brett Gaylor / Jordan Gushwa||Mozilla Advocacy||Codemoji! Mozilla's new browser-based educational game for teaching the basics of encryption. Send messages encoded in emoji.||Remote||Yes||slides here||learning.mozilla.org/codemoji|
|Maura Tuohy||Mozilla Open Mic - Social Team||#TheArtofCoding: social campaign to bring awareness to digital literacy *and* to teach simple lines of code in a visual way||SF Office||Yes||slides here|
|Erik Rose||Machine Learning Team||A DXR update||Remote||No||https://dxr.mozilla.org/|
|Janis Greenspan / Tim Murray||Mozilla Brand Team||Mozilla Open Design update||San Francisco||No||https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1_E-7SJQ6Pao32uMc9cu_lJ4pZXWHlkLymgJCHfiFfwc/edit?usp=sharing||video||https://blog.mozilla.org/opendesign|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox Roadmap||Firefox Update||MTV||No|
|Emma Humphries||Firefox||Triage Update||MTV||Yes||https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kaOWV7rqVOaLu13zj3Kv8J4jmW_DQIHH7P4zDb0z_7E/edit?usp=sharing|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Brandon Myers [:pwnbus]||Jeff Bryner||Portland||Chicago/Remote||MozDef: The Mozilla Defense Platform|
|Tristan Weir [:weir]||Jeff Bryner||Portland||Wash D.C./Remote||Security Program Manager|
|Michele Warther||Chad Weiner||SFO||Portland||Lifecycle Marketing|
|Matt Frassica||Allison Banks||San Francisco||San Francsico||New HRBP!|
|Rachel Graup||Madeline Angell||San Francisco||San Francisco||People Ops Support|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Miko Mynttinen||Jet Villegas||SF||SF||Platform Rendering|
|Anthony Miyaguchi||Jordan Lund||YVR||SF||Release Engineering|
|Nathanael Alcock||Brian Nicholson||MTV||MTV||iOS/Context Graph|
|Michael Smith||Eric Faust||MTV||MTV||Web Framework Performance|
|Leo Gaspard||Eric Faust||MTV||MTV||ES6 Performance|
|Fariskhi Vidyan||Bobby Holley||MTV||SF||Platform Rendering|
|Emilio Cobos Alvarez||Bobby Holley||MTV||MTV||DOM|
|Nima Joharizadeh||Bill McCloskey||MTV||MTV||Platform Engineering|
|Rob Wu||Bill McCloskey||MTV||MTV||Firefox Engineering|
|Andrei Oprea||Dan Mosedale||MTV||SF||Firefox|
|Thyla van der Merwe||EKR||MTV||MTV||Office of CTO|
|Michael Li||Trevor Saunders||TOR||TOR||Platform Rendering|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- We've opened the application process for Mozilla Tech Speakers Program Phase 2 - summer pilot - (A 10 week series of MasterClasses & Labs) :
- an initiative for Mozillians who are already out in their communities speaking with developers, designers and web builders, and who want to work on developing skills and confidence as technical presenters and evangelists in local developer communities.
- Apply here
- More details: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/tech-speakers-phase-2-pilot-opening-now/9399