- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Fireside Chat
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Messaging
- 4.1.4 Mobile
- 4.1.5 IT
- 4.1.6 Connected Devices
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Add-on reviewer Henry Perez, for reviewing over 200 add-ons in the past month.
- Thanks to all the contributors who applied to be part of Phase 2 of the Mozilla Tech Speakers program. We are just getting started!
- The Summer Pilot launches next week, July 18, on Air Mozilla with a first Masterclass by Jen Simmons (Designer Advocate, host and producer of The Web Ahead podcast) on the Art of Public Speaking at 2pm PT.
- Thanks also to the veteran Tech Speakers who will be facilitators in the next phase of this DevRel participation program.
Monday, 11 July
Tuesday, 12 July
Wednesday, 13 July
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday — fortnightly)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Brighton ENGLAND,
San Francisco (at MozSF 1st floor, host: Tantek Çelik), and
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indieweb.org/irc/today?beta#bottom
- Brighton ENGLAND,
Thursday, 14 July
- SuMo Social Media *
A day for all contributors to help with answering questions on SuMo and on Social Media https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/social-sumo-day-2016-08-04
Friday, 15 July
- Webdev Beer and Tell at 2PM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo room (and streaming on AirMo)
- Open to the public!
- Monthly get-together where webdevs across the community show off their side projects.
Saturday, 16 July
Sunday, 17 July
Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 10am PT / 1pm ET / 5pm UT - Monthly Speaker Series: The Invention Cycle - @ Mozilla Mountain View + Air Mozilla
“Those who can imagine anything can create the impossible.” -- Alan Turing
Are you stuck on where to go with your product and need an infusion of creativity? Do you struggle with brainstorming new ideas? Coming up with new solutions?
Bringing fresh ideas to life and ultimately to market is not a well charted course. In July, our guest Tina Seelig will share a new model, the Invention Cycle, that taps into our innate capabilities of imagination and creativity to help us innovate better. Tina’s framework captures the attitudes and actions necessary to foster innovation and to bring breakthrough ideas to the world.
We’ll also be joined by a group of mozillians who recently spent a half day working with Tina; they'll share how these learnings have translated directly into their roles at mozilla: David Bialer, David Bryant, Jean Gong, Jet Villegas, Martin Best, Greg Jost, Rosana Ardila, Tim Murray, Jen Bertsch, Rina Jensen and Sandip Kamat.
- Host: Rina Jensen
- Questions: Submit questions during the event on IRC #AirMozilla.
- Hashtag: #mozSS
- More info on the session and speaker at the Speaker Series event page.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox roadmap||Firefox Context Graph||MTV||No||https://medium.com/@osunick & https://wiki.mozilla.org/Context_Graph|
|Liz Hull||Social Team||Mozilla Open Mic: Mozillagram||Remote-VA||yes!||slides here ||https://www.instagram.com/mozillagram/|
|Christopher Arnold||BD||Dino Tank finalists||San Francisco||No||https://mozilladinotank.tumblr.com/|
|Dietrich Ayala||Developer Relations||Mozfest 2016||Remote||No||https://mozillafestival.org/spaces-and-sessions|
|Erik Rose||Machine Learning||DXR Update||Remote||No|| https://dxr.mozilla.org/|
Java support proposal
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
Mitchell Baker, Chief Lizard Wrangler
- What's this new part of the Project Meeting all about?
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Ryan Harter||Ryan VanderMeulen||Remote||Mountain View||Data Engineer, Firefox Quality Engineering|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.