- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Messaging
- 4.1.4 Mobile
- 4.1.5 IT
- 4.1.6 Connected Devices
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Nicolas Chevobbe, Firefox Dev Tools code contributor, for his first post on Mozilla Hacks, Developer Edition 50: Console, Memory Tool, Net Monitor and more. Merci beaucoup!
Monday, 15 August
- Weekly Bug Triage Day
- IGDA Mentor Cafe is promoting Mozilla and View Source Berlin at their booth at Gamescom  happening in Cologne, Germany this week!
Tuesday, 16 August
Wednesday, 17 August
Thursday, 18 August
11 AM - 12 PM PT; Streamed live in PDX, MTV, SFO and Air Mozilla
In July the Developer Marketing durable team ran a survey about developer perceptions toward Mozilla (and a bit about Firefox as well).
During this brownbag, Bradley Cohen (irc:supnah) from the Dev Marketing team will share some initial insights we have gathered, as well as tips on how to read the survey results on your own and apply it to your own work.
After the presentation, Lizz Noonan (irc: lmn) will take questions live in San Francisco and via IRC in #airmozilla. You can also submit questions ahead of time: http://bit.ly/2aIolni
- Abstractions Conference is happening August 18th-20th 2016 in Pittsburgh, PA
- Abstractions is a multi-disciplinary conference, expecting 1500 attendees, with the goal of engaging people across the disciplines involved in software creation.
- Mike Taylor will be speaking on De-facto standards hacking
Friday, 19 August
- Webdev Beer and Tell: 11:00 AM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo (Open to the public)
- Stream on Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/webdev-beer-and-tell-august-2016/
- Monthly get-together for anyone in Mozilla to share their web-development-related side projects!
Saturday, 20 August
Sunday, 21 August
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Erika Drushka||MozFest||Free tickets for Mozillians||Victoria, BC (remote)||No||www.mozfest.org||https://ti.to/Mozilla/mozfest-2016/with/ovjh-kf9hpy|
|Eli Perelman||Platform Operations Project of the Month||Neo: Create and build React web applications with zero initial configuration and minimal fuss.||Iowa, US (remote)||No||https://github.com/mozilla/neo|
|Mitchell Baker||Leadership Discussions||Piloting small discussion groups with leadership this quarter to increase level of information flow.||MTV, in person||No||https://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2016/08/15/increasing-information-flow-at-mozilla|
|Michelle Marovich||Head Unicorn Wrangler||[Goodbye Jobvite] Hello Greenhouse!||MV, in person||No||search your inbox for the term [Goodbye Jobvite]||https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/PR/Greenhouse+Training+Materials|
|Wilson Page||Project Magnet Engineer||Introducing Project Magnet||London, In person||No||None||https://github.com/mozilla-magnet/magnet, https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/connected-devices/project-magnet, https://twitter.com/trymagnet|
|Sierra Reed||Social Team||Mozillagram Take-overs||SF||Yes||Slides here ||https://www.instagram.com/mozillagram/|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Sunah Suh||Katie Parlante||Mountain View||Chicago Area Remote||Firefox Data Platform with the Measurement Team|
|Marilyn Tom||Tove Lam||San Francisco||San Francisco Office||People Department|
|Rachel Frazier||Tove Lam||San Francisco||San Francisco Office||People Department|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
David Bryant, Vice President, Platform Engineering
"Come hear the latest on ongoing our first phase roll-out of Electrolysis (e10s) in Firefox 48, plus also what's next on our roadmap as e10s delivers increasing responsiveness and stability in releases of Firefox to come."
Submit your questions in advance on the Moderator page or live during the meeting on IRC at #airmozilla
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.