- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Daylight Time (18:00 UTC)
- Watch at https://mzl.la/project-meeting-2019-05-13 or anonymously at https://air.mozilla.org. You can also watch on the Mozilla YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2Zzcw0SOc
- join #weekly-project-call on irc.mozilla.org or Slack for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live status meeting.
- To all the contributors to the SUMO Knowledge Base, L10n, Social Support and Support Forum teams for their truly awesome, non-stop, efforts over A Very Busy Weekend. All over the world, the SUMO contributors put their own lives on hold to work as a team to support users under very challenging circumstances. If Mozilla should exist for a million years, their heroic efforts shall not be forgotten.
- The Add-ons Team would like to co-sign this thank you and also thank other members of the community who were directly involved in writing and reviewing patches or helped direct inbound traffic to relevant and up-to-date information. <3
- The Mozilla Tech Speakers team would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the following Tech Speakers who spoke at various conferences and events last week: Anjana, Daniele, Diwanshi, Eva, Felipe, Michael, Srushtika, Tara, and Trishul. Thank you all for helping to spread the good word about Mozilla and the Open Web!
Monday, 13 May
- Beyond Tellerrand, in Düsseldorf, Germany
- Mozilla Evening session on VR and AR in the browser, how Mozilla is pushing the boundaries of reality
Tuesday, 14 May
- Beyond Tellerrand day 2
- Tantek Çelik speaking on “Take Back Your Web”
Wednesday, 15 May
- The Homebrew Website Club 17:30-19:30 local times at (exceptions in parentheses)
- Berlin (GERMANY) (19:00-21:00 CEST)
- Karlsruehe (GERMANY) (18:30-21:00 CEST)
- London (ENGLAND) (19:00-20:30 BST)
- Nottingham (ENGLAND)
- Virtual Americas West (20:00-21:30 PDT)
- Details and RSVP! https://indieweb.org/events/2019-05-15-homebrew-website-club
Thursday, 16 May
- Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- The third Thursday in May is Global Accessibility Awareness Day. The purpose of GAAD is to get the design, development, usability, and related communities talking, thinking and learning about digital access/inclusion and people with different disabilities.
- On Thursday, Mozillians around the world are invited to participate in a set of activities to learn more about accessibility, to improve the accessibility of our products and services, to start conversations about accessibility with our colleagues, and to experience accessibility first hand.
- Add-ons Show & Tell
- Show off whatever cool and awesome add-ons projects you have been working on!
- Thursday at 7:30 a.m. PST
- Sign up on the agenda.
Friday, 17 May
Saturday, 18 May
IndieWebCamp Utrecht, the first ever at Utrecht, at the Office of Shoppagina.nl!
- A two-day maker event for creating and/or improving your personal website, using it instead of social media, and exploring the edges of decentralized web interactions and development
- Saturday Day 1: Introductions, Discussions, Brainstorming
- Sunday Day 2: Create/Hack/Dev/Design/Code Day.
Sunday, 19 May
- IndieWebCamp Utrecht day 2 - see above.
Later Events and Available Tickets
Mozilla DevRel Complimentary Tickets
Our DevRel Sponsorship team sometimes receives complimentary tickets to share with Mozillians interested in attending the following events. Please fill out this form Ticket RequestForm . If you have questions, reach out to the DevSponsorship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
CircleCityCon 2019 Indianapolis, IN, USA | 2019-05-31 to 2019-06-02
JSConfEU (and CSSConfEU) Berlin, Germany | 2019-05-31 to 2019-06-02
Layers 2019 San Jose, CA, USA | 2019-06-03 to 2019-06-05
REFACTR.TECH 2019 Atlanta, GA | 2019-06-05 to 2019-06-07
Pixel Pioneers Bristol, UK | 2019-06-07
CSS Day Amsterdam, Netherlands | 2019-06-13 to 2019-06-14
JSConf Asia Singapore | 2019-06-14 to 2019-06-16
IndieWebSummit 2019 Portland, Oregon, USA | 2019-06-29 to 2019-06-30
Codeland 2019 New York, NY, USA | 2019-07-22
BrazilJS Conference Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil | 2019-08-23 to 2019-08-24
RuhrJS 2019 Rotunde Bochum - Bochum Germany | 2019-10-05 to 2019-10-06
ffconf ffconf (formerly known as Full Frontal) | 2019-10-08 to 2019-10-08
CONNECT.TECH Atlanta, GA, USA | 2019-10-16 to 2019-10-18
Web Audio Conference 2019 Trondheim, Norway | 2019-12-04 to 2019-12-06
Mozilla Sponsored Developer Events
Current list of Mozilla sponsored developer events (with their start dates) around the globe (DevRel Events team will update):
beyond tellerrand // DUSSELDORF | 5/13/19 | Dusseldorf, Germany
AccessU 2019 | 5/14/19 | Austin, TX, USA
200 OK | 5/17/19 | Tulsa, OK, USA
IndieWebCamp Utrecht 2019, Netherlands | 2019-05-18 to 2019-05-19
Write the Docs Portland 2019 | 5/19/19 | Portland, Or, USA
CircleCityCon | 5/31/19 | Indianapolis, IN, USA
JSConf EU 2019, CSSconf EU 2019 | 5/31/19 | Berlin, Germany
Layers | 6/3/19 | San Jose, CA, USA
REFACTR.TECH | 6/5/19 | Atlanta, GA
Pixel Pioneers Bristol | 6/6/19 | Bristol
CSS Day | 6/13/19| Amsterdam, NL
JSConf.Asia | 6/14/19 | Singapore, Singapore
DinosaurJS | 6/20/19 | Denver, CO USA
2019 Game Devs of Color Expo | 7/6/19 | New York, NY, USA
Codeland | 7/22/19 | New York, NY, USA
BrazilJS Conference | 8/23/19 | Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
JSConf Korea 2019 | 9/3/19 | Seoul, South Korea
Strange Loop 2019 | 9/12/19 | St. Louis, MO, USA
W3C Developer Meetup | 9/16/19 | Fukuoka, Japan
JSConf Budapest 2019 & CSSConf Budapest 2019 | 9/25/19 | Budapest, Hungary
View Source 2019 | 9/30/19 | Amsterdam, NL
Fronteers | 10/3/19 | Amsterdam, NL
RuhrJS 2019 | 10/5/19 | Bochum Germany
Web Engines Hackfest 2019 | 10/14/19 | Galicia, Spain
CONNECT.TECH | 10/16/19 | Atlanta, GA, USA
beyond tellerrand // BERLIN 2019 | 11/4/19 | Berlin, Germany
Web Audio Conference 2019 | 12/4/19 | Trondheim, Norway
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Katie Wright & Nick Chapman||Pocket Team||Monthly Update||Pocket Commons||Yes (16:9)||n/a|
|Andrew Krug||Staff Security Engineer, Enterprise Information Security||IT MinIT||Remote, Via PreRecorded Video||Please play video||n/a||Video|
|Asa Dotzler||Team Firefox||Weekly Firefox Browser Update||MTV||no||n/a||2019-05-13|
|Philip Lamb||Senior Research Engineering Manager, Mixed Reality Browsers||Emerging Technologies Weekly Update||New Zealand||no||n/a||ET Headlines|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Their Name||Your Name||Intro location||Their Location||Their Role|
|Ksenia Berezina||Mike Taylor||Toronto Commons||Toronto Commons||Web Compatibility Engineer|
|Nicole Shadowen||Miriam Avery||Mountain View Commons||Remotie - CA and NY||Technical Research Analyst, Foresight + Explorations|
|10 interns in Toronto||Various||Toronto Commons||Toronto Commons||Interns across many teams!|
|31 New Mozillians attending onboarding in Mountain View this week||Brianna Mark||Mountain View||Mountain View||Lots! Say hi this week and find out.|