- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- Watch anonymously at https://air.mozilla.org.
- join #weekly-project-call on irc.mozilla.org or Slack for backchannel discussion
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Zoom video chat 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- Presenters only: Zoom Meeting ID: 828 817 988 https://mozilla.zoom.us/j/828817988. Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- One-tap mobile
- +16465588656,,828817988# US (New York)
- +17207072699,,828817988# US
- Dial-in by your location
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 720 707 2699 US
- 877 853 5257 US Toll-free
- +61 2 8015 2088 Australia
- +61 8 7150 1149 Australia
- 1800 893 423 Australia Toll-free
- +1 647 558 0588 Canada
- +33 1 8288 0188 France
- +33 7 5678 4048 France
- 0 805 082 588 France Toll-free
- +49 30 5679 5800 Germany
- +49 69 8088 3899 Germany
- +49 30 3080 6188 Germany
- 800 724 3138 Germany Toll-free
- +852 5808 6088 Hong Kong, China
- +44 203 695 0088 United Kingdom
- +44 203 966 3809 United Kingdom
- +44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
- 0 800 031 5717 United Kingdom Toll-free
- 1 Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.2.1 This Week
- 1.2.2 Monday, 18 November
- 1.2.3 Tuesday, 19 November
- 1.2.4 Wednesday, 20 November
- 1.2.5 Thursday, 21 November
- 1.2.6 Friday, 22 November
- 1.2.7 Saturday, 23 November
- 1.2.8 Sunday, 24 November
- 1.2.9 Next Week
- 1.2.10 Later Events and Available Tickets
- 1.3 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live status meeting.
- The Developer Relations team would like to give a big thanks to Mozilla Tech Speakers Candy, Christophe, Galuh, Jyotsna, Katerina, Milica, Niels, Ramon, & Wojtek who delivered talks, mentored hackathons, and presented workshops this past week at various conferences and events around the globe. Thank you for helping to spread your message about Mozilla and the Open Web!
Monday, 18 November
Tuesday, 19 November
Wednesday, 20 November
Thursday, 21 November
- Add-ons Show & Tell
- Showcase and talk about your add-ons related projects with the team! See the agenda for call-in information.
- 15:30 UTC / 10:30 EST / 7:30am PST
- The Stark Future of Trust Online, Mor Naaman, Cornell Tech
- Time: 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET / 8:00pm UT
- Location: Mozilla Mountain View + broadcast on [ Airmo] and [YouTube] and archived for later watching by NDAd Mozillians on Airmo.
- Mor will talk about trust in the news media and what makes people trust news sources, and then discuss "a near-future where our personal communications are mediated by AI agents".
Homebrew Website Club
The Homebrew Website Club is a growing world-wide network of meetups for everyone who wants to take back their web experience from social media silos, and own their online identities, content, and interactions.
- 18:00-20:00 UTC
- Barnsley (UK)
- Brighton (UK) (18:00-19:30)
- Details and RSVP: https://indieweb.org/events/2019-11-21-homebrew-website-club
Friday, 22 November
Saturday, 23 November
🐻 IndieWebCamp Berlin2
IndieWebCamp Berlin2 is an all-levels BarCamp-like collaboration hosted at Mozilla Berlin for two days (Saturday & Sunday) of roundtable sessions, brainstorming, creating, teaching, and a hackathon to help us all take back our data and lives on the web!
Special Guests: The OptOut misogyny-blocking add-on team will be there to hack with us together on actively fighting harassment & abuse online for a better web for all.
Keynote: Teresa Ingram, founder of OptOut, will be speaking on “Towards A More Civil & Thoughtful Social Web” on Saturday morning.
Details and complimentary tickets: https://2019.indieweb.org/berlin2
Sunday, 24 November
Our Developer Roadshow has kicked off!
Locations left to go:
18 November | Singapore
20 November | Bangkok
Later Events and Available Tickets
Mozilla DevRel Complimentary Tickets
Our DevRel Sponsorship team sometimes receives complimentary tickets to share with Mozillians interested in attending the following events. Please fill out this form Ticket RequestForm . If you have questions, reach out to the DevSponsorship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Halfstack London | 2019-11-22
OPenUP Summit Taipei | 2019-11-30 to 12-01
Web Audio Conference 2019 Trondheim, Norway | 2019-12-04 to 2019-12-06
Halfstack Phoenix, AZ | 2020-01-17
Mozilla Sponsored Developer Events
Current list of Mozilla sponsored developer events (with their start dates) around the globe (DevRel Events team will update):
BoyaConf | 11/09/19 | Duitama, Boyacá, Colombia
Accessibility Club Summit 2019 | 11/16-17/19 | Berlin
Performance now |11/21-22/19 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
🐻 IndieWebCamp Berlin2 | 11/23/19 - 11/24/19 | Berlin, GERMANY
Halfstack | 11/22/19| London
webclerks community conference | 11/25/19 | Vienna
Open UP Summit | 11/30-12/1 2019 | Taipei
Web Audio Conference 2019 | 12/4/19 | Trondheim, Norway
Halfstack | 01/17/20 | Phoenix
PyCascades 2020 | 89/2/20 | Portland
You Got This 2020 | 01/18/20 | Birmingham, UK
🌮 IndieWebCamp Austin 2020 | 02/22/20 - 02/23/20 | Austin, Texas, USA
PerfMatters Conference 2020 | 03/31/20 - 04/02/20 | Redwood City, CA USA
JS Kongress Munich | 04/15-16/20 | Munich, Germany
⛰ IndieWeb Summit 2020 | 06/27/20 - 06/28/20 | Portland, Oregon, USA
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Asa Dotzler||Team Firefox||Weekly Firefox Update||MTV||no||n/a||2019-11-18|
|Katie Wright and Matt Koidin||Monthly Pocket Update||Pocket HQ||Yes (16:9)||n/a||Pocket November Update|
|Lars Bergstrom||Director of Engineering, Mixed Reality||Emerging Technologies weekly update||Remote||no||n/a||ET headlines|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Their Name||Your Name||Intro location||Their Location||Their Role|
|Erica Stanley||Lars Bergstrom||Remote||Atlanta, GA||Engineering Manager, Firefox Reality|
|Prangya Basu||Tony Cinotto||Remote SF||Remote Toronto area||Sr. Engineering Program Manager, focused on Firefox Privacy/Security|
|Katie Kleemola||Julien Vehent||Toronto||Toronto||Security Engineer, Firefox Operations Security|