- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- Watch at https://mzl.la/project-meeting-2020-01-06 or anonymously at https://air.mozilla.org. You can also watch on the Mozilla YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V8pMviRnto.
- join #weekly-project-call on irc.mozilla.org or Slack for backchannel discussion
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Zoom video chat 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- Presenters only: Zoom Meeting ID: 828 817 988 https://mozilla.zoom.us/j/828817988. Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- One-tap mobile
- +16465588656,,828817988# US (New York)
- +17207072699,,828817988# US
- Dial-in by your location
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 720 707 2699 US
- 877 853 5257 US Toll-free
- +61 2 8015 2088 Australia
- +61 8 7150 1149 Australia
- 1800 893 423 Australia Toll-free
- +1 647 558 0588 Canada
- +33 1 8288 0188 France
- +33 7 5678 4048 France
- 0 805 082 588 France Toll-free
- +49 30 5679 5800 Germany
- +49 69 8088 3899 Germany
- +49 30 3080 6188 Germany
- 800 724 3138 Germany Toll-free
- +852 5808 6088 Hong Kong, China
- +44 203 695 0088 United Kingdom
- +44 203 966 3809 United Kingdom
- +44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
- 0 800 031 5717 United Kingdom Toll-free
- 1 Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live status meeting.
Monday, 06 January
Tuesday, 07 January
Wednesday, 08 January
Homebrew Website Club
The Homebrew Website Club is a growing world-wide network of meetups for everyone who wants to take back their web experience from social media silos, and own their online identities, content, and interactions.
See each link for city details and RSVP!
Thursday, 09 January
Friday, 10 January
Saturday, 11 January
Sunday, 12 January
Wednesday, 16 January 2020: ET Speaker Series: Social Media and Well-Being: Moving Beyond "Active" vs "Passive" Activities, with Nicole Ellison
- Time: 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET / 8:00pm UT
- Location: Mozilla Mountain View + broadcast on Airmo, on Youtube, and in Hubs in VR and archived for later watching by NDAd Mozillians on Airmo.
Professor Ellison, University of Michigan will discuss her research, including her work on the non-click, where people intentionally and thoughtfully withhold from clicking on content they do pay close attention to. The research shows that non-clicked content is often imported into other channels, where it serves as a stronger signal of relational investment than one-click Likes.
Later Events and Available Tickets
Mozilla DevRel Complimentary Tickets
Our DevRel Sponsorship team sometimes receives complimentary tickets to share with Mozillians interested in attending the following events. Please fill out this form Ticket RequestForm . If you have questions, reach out to the DevSponsorship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Halfstack Phoenix, AZ | 2020-01-17
REFACTR.TECH 2020 Atlanta, GA | 2020-04-22
PyCascades Portland | 2020-02-08
Mozilla Sponsored Developer Events
Current list of Mozilla sponsored developer events (with their start dates) around the globe (DevRel Events team will update):
Halfstack | 01/17/20 | Phoenix
You Got This 2020 | 01/18/20 | Birmingham, UK
PyCascades 2020 | 02/08/20 - 02/09/20| Portland
Open Source Festival | 02/20/20 - 02/22/20 | Lagos, Nigeria
Mozilla x Bit Web of Things Workshop | 02/21/20 | Davis, CA
🌮 IndieWebCamp Austin 2020 | 02/22/20 - 02/23/20 | Austin, Texas, USA
🎡 IndieWebCamp London 2020 | 03/14/20 - 03/15/20 | London, England
PerfMatters Conference 2020 | 03/31/20 - 04/02/20 | Redwood City, CA USA
JS Kongress Munich | 04/15-16/20 | Munich, Germany
Smashing Conference San Francisco 2020 | 04/21-22/20 | San Francisco
REFACTR.TECH 2020 | 04/22-24/20 | Atlanta
Mozilla x Bit Web of Things Workshop | 04/23/20 | Davis, CA
Smashing Conference Austin 2020 | 06/9-10/20 | Austin
⛰ IndieWeb Summit 2020 | 06/27/20 - 06/28/20 | Portland, Oregon, USA
Smashing Conference Freiburg 2020 | 09/7-8/20 | Freiburg, Germany
Smashing Conference New York 2020 | 10/20-21/20 | Freiburg, Germany
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|David Bryant||Fellow, Head of Advanced Development||Emerging Technologies weekly update||Mountain View||no||n/a||ET update|
|Asa Dotzler||Team Firefox||Firefox Weekly Update||MTV||no||n/a||2020-01-06 Update|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Alan Alexander||Dave Parfitt||Remote (Buffalo, NY)||Portland||Senior Site Reliability Engineer|
|Jeremy Evans||Stefan Arentz||Toronto||Toronto||Engineering Manager, Mobile/iOS|
|Anna Scholtz||Katie Parlante||Mountain View||Vancouver||Data Engineer|
|Julien Chaupitre||Julie McCracken||Remote (San Diego)||Vancouver||Sr. Engineering Program Manager|
|Nneka Soyinka||Alicia Gray||Remote (Bay Area)||Chicago||Trust Manager|