« previous week | index | next week »
- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- Watch at https://mzl.la/project-meeting-2020-08-17 or anonymously at https://air.mozilla.org. Watch live in the Hubs 3D space (in browser) at https://hubs.mozilla.com/1rNht23/hubs-commons/. You can also watch on the Mozilla YouTube channel at https://youtu.be/-2XYHD9TjdM.
- join #project-call on irc.mozilla.org or Slack for backchannel discussion
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Zoom video chat 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- Presenters only: Zoom Meeting ID and Password are on mana
- 1 Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.2.1 This Week
- 1.2.2 Monday, 17 August
- 1.2.3 Tuesday, 18 August
- 1.2.4 Wednesday, 19 August
- 1.2.5 Thursday, 20 August
- 1.2.6 Friday, 21 August
- 1.2.7 Saturday, 22 August
- 1.2.8 Sunday, 23 August
- 1.2.9 Next Week
- 1.2.10 Later Events and Available Tickets
- 1.3 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
Monday, 17 August
Tuesday, 18 August
Wednesday, 19 August
Homebrew Website Club
The Homebrew Website Club is a growing world-wide network of online weekly meetups for everyone who wants to take back their web experience from social media silos, and own their online identities, content, and interactions.
- 17:30 BST: Homebrew Website Club Nottingham
- 19:00 BST: Homebrew Website Club Europe/London
- 18:00 PDT: Homebrew Website Club West Coast
Thursday, 20 August
- Add-ons Show & Tell
- 14:30 UTC (check time zone converter for start time in your region)
- Share your add-ons related projects with a friendly and supportive group! Sign-ups and call-in information are available on the agenda. All are welcome.
Friday, 21 August
Saturday, 22 August
IndieAuth 1.1 Identity Protocol Standards Session 2
09:30-11:30am PDT: IndieAuth 1.1 Identity Protocol Standards Session 2, an IndieWebCamp Pop-up Session
IndieAuth is the most implemented decentralized identity protocol, built on top of OAuth 2.0.
This is a follow-up from the previous session to iterate and evolve the IndieAuth protocol.
Please review the notes and previous issues discussed.
We've collected additional topics to discuss in the IndieAuth 1.1 Milestone on GitHub.
RSVP & more: https://events.indieweb.org/2020/08/indieauth-1-1-identity-protocol-standards-session-session-2--uCtG38aoJyju
Santa Clarita Valley WordPress Meetup
11:00-13:00 PDT: Santa Clarita Valley WordPress Meetup: Using WordPress to own your online data & social media presence
Corporate social media has been dominating the online space so significantly that the newest generation of Internet users now thinks that is what the "web" actually is.
With WordPress as your platform, you can not only take back your online identity and presence, but you can use it to have a richer and fuller experience than the locked-down experience you get with the limits of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Sunday, 23 August
Later Events and Available Tickets
Mozilla DevRel Complimentary Tickets
Our DevRel Sponsorship team sometimes receives complimentary tickets to share with Mozillians interested in attending the following events. Please fill out this form Ticket RequestForm . If you have questions, reach out to the DevSponsorship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Mozilla Sponsored Developer Events
Current list of Mozilla sponsored developer events (with their start dates) around the globe (DevRel Events team will update):
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Emma Malysz||Team Firefox||Weekly Firefox Update||Remote||no||n/a||2020-08-17|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Natalie Raketic||Vicky Chin||Remote (Toronto)||Remote (Portland)||Product Manager, Search|