|MozFest Wrangler Program|
|Owner: Zannah Marsh||Years Active: 2010-present||Updated: 2021-07-27|
About MozFest Wranglers & this Wiki
While Mozilla provides a basic structure, resources, and support, the festival is essentially designed and produced by volunteers (called "wranglers)— teams of educators, activists, engineers, artists, and researchers who care about the open web and a healthy internet. Wranglers are a large, diverse group of contributors who collaborate with a small group of Mozilla staff to produce a truly unique event. Throughout an extended 6 to 7 month co-design experience, Wranglers dedicate time to this project on a weekly basis.
For an in-depth intro to Wrangling, click here.
These wiki pages document and inform the 2022 Wrangler experience, gathering resources, materials, and work by Wrangler teams from July 2021 through March 2022.
2022 Wrangler Experience Phases
PHASE 1 - July & August, 2021 - Cohort-building and content exploration
MISSIONS in this phase:
- Meet other Wranglers
- Share and explore new ideas, perspectives and content
- Begin to generate SPACE ideas, thematic groupings for topics at MozFest
- PHASE 2- September 2021 - Teams, Narratives & Community Engagement (SPACE DESCRIPTIONS DUE LAST WEEK SEPT)
- PHASE 3- October 2021 - Outreach & Call for Proposals & ROLLING Curation (CFP OPENS EARLY OCTOBER)
- PHASE 4- November 2021 - Curation Continues
- PHASE 5- December 2021 - Confirmation & Scheduling
- PHASE 5- January & February 2022 - Storytelling, Facilitator Support, Community Engagement
- PHASE 6- March 2022 - FESTIVAL(s)