Contribute/Archive/Community Building Team/Meetings/2014-04-14

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Core team weekly meeting
Date & Time: Monday 14 April 2014 @ 5pm UTC
Location: CBT vidyo room (
Moderator: David 
Last agenda + notes:
Parking lot:


  • Finalize Q2 goals and dependencies on goals pad


  • Welcome Kimber :)
    • Welcome!+1

  • Action items
    • Action items from today:
      • David to send a badge to Mhoye, lizhenry, rbillings
      • Everyone to take the rest of the day to finalize their Q2 goals and then David will review pad and send goals roll-up to Debbie
      • Michelle to share out Lifecycle doc and public partner dashboard on Grow Mozilla call on May 1
      • Everyone to start documenting partnership activities on the wiki on pages linked to from Areas page.  A milestones template will be coming soon to help us organize activity in a common way
    • Action items from last week: 
      • Everyone to refine goals and have discussions with other team members as needed in order to finalize details
      • Christie to take a pass at an outline for what we'd want to include in the Enabling Communities Town Hall meeting for next week's team meeting
      • Michelle: Share the google doc playbook with the team ( changed action item to reflect what is actually happening, will call for action when I share it)

  • FYI
    • The People team meeting is tomorrow from 9:30-12:30 pacific
      • You can join in person in Foxhole or remotely in Foxhole vidyo
    • There were some action items that kept getting bumped around our alliance and team wiki page, so I moved them to the agenda for our next in person meetup (location and time TBD) for all of us to work on then
  • Nominations for community building superstar badge
  • Communications -- what do we want to share with project this week?
  • Rotating Updates (10 minutes)
    • This week: Dino
    • Next week: Larissa Shapiro or William Q

  • Goals
    • Is everyone ready to commit to the Q2 goals they've put on the pad?
    • Roll up for Deb
      • Showcase the community growth in key focus areas to the organization
      • Launch contribution dashboard that tracks activity for major systems used by key focus areas
      • Successfully feature contribution pathways for key focus areas at MozCamp Asia
      • Create roadmap for Get Involved page and create a concept for a major redesign to launch in Q3
    • What I need from everyone in Q2
      • Be prepared to publicly share one story of growth from your partnerships before the end of the quarter (Baloo is now an option to give you real contribution data for your story)
      • Let me know what resources you need to make sure you are successful this quarter (let's talk in 1:1s this week and we'll discuss a budget plan for the team next Monday)

  • Partner dashboard
    • Are people comfortable with making the whole partner SmartSheet public by embedding it on wiki?  (No easy way to make just part of the doc public)
    • We could create a separate location for making notes about progress with partners that we don't want made public
    • Will there be confusion about specific parts of this, like the lifecycle column?  What supporting documentation do we need in place to help  people understand this?

  • Documenting our work with partners
    • Why?
      • This will help us tell success stories as we go through the year
      • This will help us hand off partnerships as things change and will give us flexibility to let people step in and support other partners as needed
    • How?