Main | Resources | Working Groups | Get Involved Main Page | Team | Maturity Model | Build Principles
|Owner: Pathways||Updated: Frequently|
|A project to empower volunteers by guiding them through the contribution process.|
Mozilla Guides: A Project by the Mozilla Pathways Working Group
- We have several kinds of mentors at Mozilla for people in established pathways (reps mentors, SUMO buddies, coding mentors... TRIBE mentors..)
- We have a huge issue with bounce from the get involved page and bounce from new contributors in general
- We have people who welcome brand new contributors but little formal structure around it
Create a guides program to guide new contributors from casual contributor to active contributor. Do this is a measurable, scalable way.
- Pathways WG
- Project owners (in particular. Should we run a test pilot?)
Previous Research/Stakeholder Discussions
Key Progress Indicators
- A forum people could join right away when they're interested to learn, staffed by guides (Discourse for the pilot program)
- Guides/community who can get the Firefox suggestions and "other queues" properly moving again. This is a group of people, not necessarily stewards. Think like "Army of Awesome" style. The new CMS will make that easier.
- *Most importantly* guides get assigned to new folks who have come in and done a qualifying task but need support getting more fully connected to a pathway.
A group of mentors who may be the first people to reach out to for guides