- Discuss performance: Boris has filed two bugs (bug 373693 (addref) and bug 373694 (release). Status?
- dbaron on slow down he was encountering.
- Performance in general.
- Outcome of leaks tests?
- jst on status of landing the CC timing code (bug 374239).
- Discuss next steps.
Sees no documents or windows leaked.
I'm still seeing significant leaks. I generally do run with leak gauge, but I only quit the browser once a week and thats by crashing.
Igor landed a patch that regressed the leaks a bit. See bug 375808
- bug 375063 (Leaking nsJSContexts and nsXBLDocGlobalObjects at shutdown): This is the bug that caused Igor to file bug 375270. Will probably want to fix bug 375270 instead of landing the fix for bug 375063.
- bug 375075 (Stop leaking the cycle collector on shutdown)
These are a bunch of safety checks that need to be removed in order to improve the performance: bug 373693 (Cycle collector makes AddRef about 6x slower) and bug 373694 (Cycle collector makes Release about 11x slower), not done yet.
Status of Pending CC Code in Bugzilla
- Add cycle collection to RDF datasources: awaiting sr
- Support cycle collection of refcounted non-xpcom objects (aka, the XBL patch)
- Make cycle collection suspect all native wrapper roots: backed out.
- Graydon is working on ES4.
- Peter will take care of all the ifdefs and will measure before and after timings.
- Dbaron will continue to monitor performance.