From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Previous Actions




    • This has a significant discussion in-call
      • What we need here is a number; a recommended minimum Firefox version for compatible by default.
      • In the absence of a good estimate, we'll have to go conservative and say FF9, but we'd like to go back further if we can be confident about it.
      • Anthony Hughes has taken the action to round up QA, input, product and engineering feedback to make a recommendation for next Tuesday's meeting.

  • Add-on hotfix testing Status
    • Completing testing today, hoping to push the add-on to production today as well (pending whether we need to communicate the test to our beta audience)




  • Alex's FF10 tracking stability list
    • bug 718389 – Startup crash @ PR_EnumerateAddrInfo | nsDNSRecord::GetNextAddr
    • bug 716945 – Figure out why Flash hang volume dropped very significantly in 10.0a1 trunk on 2011-10-29
    • bug 711564 – [10.5] Firefox Crash [@ GLEngine@0x620cf ]
    • bug 715885 – Crash in -[ChildView draggedImage:endedAt:operation:] @ PrepareAndDispatch while dragging, in 32-bit mode, with Torbutton extension




  • GC/CC Status
    • Daily half-hour meetings at 3:00PM PT in Warp Core.
    • Reaching out to all "affected" users, QA can now reproduce on Cheng's computer
    • We've been scraping input for othe reports of the issue
    • Smaug also may have a lead related to Websocket
  • Beta 5 is currently with QA, pushed out tomorrow


  • See Actions below for actions from the 9.0.1 post-mortem
  • We'll be pushing out a FF3.6.25->FF9.0.1 advertised update today (2012-01-19)
  • Add-on hotfix testing with our beta population coming hopefully today (2012-01-19)
  • Code freeze for FF3.6.26/10 is this Friday, 2012-01-20
  • Go to build for FF3.6.26/10 release candidate will be 2012-01-23
    • A decision about whether or not to ship add-ons compatible by default in FF10 (and with what prefs set) will be made this same day
  • Final sign-off for FF10 will be 2012-01-25
  • Next source migration is 2012-01-31


Aurora Queries

Beta Queries


  • Alex to schedule 1/23 meeting for add-ons compatible by default decision
  • Alex to file placeholder bug for changing compatibility target for compat-by-default (and cc unfocused)
  • Anthony to round up QA, input, product and engineering feedback to make a compat-by-default recommendation for next Tuesday's meeting.

Actions from post-mortem:

  • Alex to look into the 2012 schedule (March's patch tuesday, Thanksgiving, New Years)
  • Grace/Alex to think about growing beta audience, creating more diversity
    • aurora population is early warning, beta population is diversity and coverage
    • consider leveraging test pilot to profile a beta user (web usage, extensions, locale, etc.)
  • Grace/Chris to discuss making Aurora desirable to users features-wise
  • RelEng to think about whether anything can be done with external mirrors so we never burn a .0 version #
  • Alex to talk with secteam about when to release security notes for FF10