From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
« previous week | index | next week »

Channel Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • #planning for backchannel

Video/Teleconference Details - NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: Warp Core
  • Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Previous Actions

  • Alex - make sure everybody who needs to be around to discuss Flash beta is at our next channel meeting
    • reached out to Rob to attend the 5/3 channel meeting

Schedule Update

  • We're here in the schedule
  • Next round of 3.6 EOL Major Update prompts will go out at the earliest today
  • Automatic updates from 3.6 to FF12 is planned for the week of 5/7
  • FF12 (and associated releases) post-mortem will be held next week
  • FF13 beta 2 will go to build today, released Friday (or earlier? Let's discuss in the QA section)


  • Add-on Hotfix
    • bug 750832 – for points to file with Length: 0
  • FF12
    • bug 748269 – Extension block request:
    • Blocked on bug 750330 – No new blocklist entries are being published by the API
  • FF13
    • bug 749648 – startup crash in CheckASLR (mostly correlated to add-on)
    • Also blocked on bug 750330
    • Can be unblocked once bug 749648 is fixed in FF13 beta 2
  • Other
    • bug 750387 – consider blocklisting Adobe Reader (10.1.3)
  • Random Q: Should we consider shortening the blocklist interval?




  • bug 750556 crash in mozilla::dom::Element::ClearStyleStateLocks


  • bug 736695 - Patch - needs review.
  • bug 750019 crash in js::types::TypeSet::addType @ nsIDOMHTMLDocument_Write


  • bug 749648 - explosive issue on Beta. Fixed on all branches now.
  • bug 750625 crash in nsUrlClassifierPrefixSet::GetPrefixes



nightly hangs on latimes -


  • Q: How about no extended QA sign-offs for Beta 2, only smoke tests and update tests?
    • We could focus on frontloading verifications and performing exploratory testing for the rest of the week in parallel
    • We can push this off till next Beta if there's any wrinkles in the plan
    • Answer: Just give us a timeline and we'll do our best to make that timeline; bare minimum is 24h from builds-in-hand
  • The qawanted/tracked list should be cleaned up now, expect more bugs to get the qawanted keyword as Lukas and Alex finish a full pass of the tracking-firefox13+ list
Bug (query) Status
bug 744175 Firefox crash @ js::gc::MarkInternal Starting investigation (2012-05-01)
bug 750389 Reports of Gmail Video Chat not working on FF12 Waiting for Softvision to test (2012-05-01)
bug 744063 'Fullscreen playback' NVIDIA stereo 3d for youtube not working in latest Aurora v13 Waiting for jsmith to test (2012-05-01)


  • Filed bug 750403 for the next round of EOL prompts, blocked on unthrottling FF12
  • bug 720822 – Migrate 3.6 nightly users away from that version/channel before disabling nightlies
  • bug 750837 tracking bug for build and release of Fennec 14.0b1 (native-fennec-beta-from-aurora)
    • l10n milestones now debugged, so no longer blocked.
    • devs already know we'll need a build#2, but build#1 is to help QA get started
  • upcoming downtime while moving ftp.m.o/stage/surf to scl3
    • RelEng getting access today, will start verification
    • needs 5+ hours
    • needs tree closure *and* also blocks us doing releases.
      • tinderbox will also be offline during this time
      • possible ride-along moving graphserver
  • further streamline communications on release days?
  • schedule merge mechanics for FF13
    • Could we do mozilla-central --> mozilla-aurora and mozilla-aurora --> mozilla-beta migrations *before* release day Tuesday? Maybe on same day as mozilla-beta --> mozilla-release as part of "go to build for final builds" friday ?


  • Need anything from marketing for next 3.6 EOL billboards?


  • Can we sign off on FF12 unthrottling now that bug 748269 is very close to resolution?
  • FF13 beta 1 will not be unthrottled until at least 24 hours after bug 750330 is in place
  • Mobile Test Drivers (MTD)
    • Updating all the docs to new Aurora info/screenshots
    • Today an announcement to current mobiletestdrivers list will go out, encouraging them to start testing on Aurora as well as adding new members (staff and volunteer) to the list so be prepared in #mobile for an increase in traffic/questions/bugs as well if you want to help out with mobile test drivers, join #mobiletd
  • Rapid Betas update
    • This week, we should complete scoping work, begin implementation
    • Once scoped, Alex will email the plan to Mozilla community
    • Discussions about in-product changes to prevent testing community behavioral changes completed - RS coming back with final word this week
    • Rapid Beta l10n conversation happening Thursday morning
    • How's the rest of the scoping going?
    • Releng has scoped out their work here
  • Firefox Rewind (tentatively named)
    • Rapid Betas are a mid-term goal, Firefox Rewind is long-term
    • Feature page still required - basically it's a way for test users to easily roll back to a previous version of Firefox if they tell us why and provide us with their support info
    • Discussed at the Firefox team workweek


  • Alex - make sure everybody who needs to be around to discuss Flash beta is at our next channel meeting


Aurora Queries

Beta Queries