Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am Pacific, and Thursday at 2:00pm Pacific
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
Previous meeting notes at: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2013-02-07
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 RelEng
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Metrics (Thu)
- 10 Roundtable
- 11 Actions
- 12 Triage
- FF19.0b6 went to build this morning (released today or tomorrow?)
- 838864 – keyword.URL reset interferes poorly with some partner add-ons
- 839270 – crash in nsStyleContext::nsStyleContext mainly with AMD Radeon HD 6250/6310/6320 (should be the first thing we verify with b6, may require a b7)
- 839380 – zh-hk locale should use zh-tw translation instead of zh-cn
- 838583 – Favicons are tiny in Awesomebar history tab
- 837461 – pdf.js Black squares appear in some PDF documents even though the original PDFs does not have them.
- 830278 – printing selections in pdf.js don't work and can cause OOM errors in large PDFs
- Release Sign-offs are tomorrow at 10AM PT
- FF19 beta->release merge will happen on Thursday
- FF19 final build will occur on Friday morning PT (let's verify bug 839270 first thing when the build is available)
- ESR17.0.3 build will also be sent out Friday morning PT
- FF19 will be released on Tuesday, and the merge day will happen that same day
- [akeybl] Assignee for 834891 – Migrate win64 nightly users to win32 with a custom update
- [akeybl] Throttling at 50% to start for FF19
- [akeybl] Would it be possible to separate 802167 from 2/19 (say, 2/25?)
- having updates available for people who do check-for-update, but throttled for idle-time updates until 2/25?
- sounds good
- [akeybl] 839232 – On 2/13, move pre-release CTP blocks to Firefox 20 and up
* Staged & Tested.
- Bug 840161 - Re-block AMD Radeon HD 6290/6300/6310/6320 for Direct3D 9/DIRECT2D
- Bug 839145 - Click-to-Play Manager add-on.
* Will be submitted to AMO today.
- Flash 11.6.602.168 was released today (with Patch Tuesday)
- No special concerns at this point.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=839270 on its own makes b5 have a very bad crash rate. An experimental band-aid patch has been landed by roc for b6, but we have no real clue about the actual happenings around this crash.
- There's a few issues with PDF.js causing OOM crashes
- The Norton 2012 crash is now down to #20 on 18.0.2 (bug 783369) in yesterday's data, but bug 840106 is a new crash with that version that's now up to #15.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=838835 (UpdatePropertyType) is #5 but not present in 19.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=836263 (Giant Savings / Crossrider) is the #3 topcrash (~2% of all 18.0.2 crashes)
- The bug 838603 spike (startup crash with blocklisting gone wrong) has subsided with the release of 18.0.2
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=752828 (database locked, startup) is now #1 on 18.0.2 and #11 on 19.0b5 - the upside is that it's pretty spread across installations and someone in the bug could describe how they reproduced it.
- bug 823236, bug 768000, bug 802827 are all bugs where we wanted fixes for beta but the fixes didn't really help
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=827171 (nsPluginStreamListenerPeer::OnStartRequest) remains a concern on Aurora, snorp can reproduce, but not on his own builds, so still waiting on more debugging.
– Need to prepare a hotfix for pdfjs.disabled, targeting FF19 (all platforms)
- [bajaj] Bug 831686 - Create Mozmill test for proxy.pac file served via a file:// protocol - any update here ?
- bug 829954 OOM crash in mozilla::gfx::AlphaBoxBlur::Blur
- Juan was able to crash but with an empty signature, different crash?
- bug 838864 keyword.URL reset interferes poorly with some partner add-ons
- What are the high risk use cases and add-ons QA should focus verification?
18 seems stable. Crash reports still on the decline
BETA 19 PDF.js - Some reports of issues with statements/financial documents:
- Very happy we were able to repro bug 839270 in QA!!
- [nhirata] FYI : bug 838603 (Startup crash spike on Android) has been verified fixed.
- Evangelizing Websites to prompt users to upgrade to new Firefox versions
- Facebook for versions newer than 3.6
- Previously pointed at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-36-no-longer-supported
- Metrics study around SUMO hits vs 3.6/up ADI
- Need to determine what can be found in the UA (NT version, Win2k/WinXP/etc.)
- Point to a new SUMO page (w/ download link already on that page?)
- What's the current experience?
- Facebook for versions newer than 3.6
- Bugs remaining on the tracking list: http://bit.ly/UXsE1z
- FF19 regressions that we wontfix'd: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?negate1=1;type1-0-0=equals;type2-1-0=notequals;type0-1-0=equals;list_id=5669423;field0-1-0=cf_status_firefox19;field0-0-0=cf_tracking_firefox19;columnlist=bug_severity%2Cpriority%2Cop_sys%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_status%2Cresolution%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate%2Ccf_tracking_firefox17%2Ccf_tracking_firefox18%2Ccf_status_firefox17%2Ccf_status_firefox18;value2-0-0=wontfix;field2-0-0=cf_status_firefox18;query_based_on=Tracking16%2B;type2-0-0=notequals;query_format=advanced;value0-1-0=wontfix;value2-1-0=affected;value1-0-0=core-security;type0-0-0=equals;value0-0-0=%2B;field2-1-0=cf_status_firefox18;field1-0-0=bug_group;known_name=Tracking16%2B
Just on bugzilla their and we should keep a eye on bug as it seems like a babylon - not happened on 18.0.2 yet but just to watch it
- rail to follow up with RelEng about 834891
- akeybl to file bugs for 50% throttle and unthrottle EOD Wednesday
- KaiRo to follow up on bug 840161 (b5 crash rate should decline) and bug 840106 (needs more info before outreach)
- "Evangelizing Websites to prompt users to upgrade to new Firefox versions"