Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Thunderbird (Tue)
- 10 Metrics (Thu)
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Actions
- 13 Triage
- Firefox 20 beta 1 DESKTOP will ship tomorrow morning, after QA sign off
- Firefox 20 beta 1 MOBILE will ship Monday morning PT, after QA sign off (gtb coming after this meeting)
- Aurora 21 will be unthrottled tomorrow, after QA sign off (later in the day tomorrow)
- Bug 843373. Enable CTP for all released versions of Java.
- Bug 807258. Last Flash 10.3 versions (10.3.183.20 (August 2012) and above) are not CTP-blocked.
- 21.0a1 data doesn't show anything bad so we should look good for turning on updates for Aurora 21.
- Waiting for 20.0b1 data, Aurora 20 looks good other than another spike of Radeon bug 839270
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=830531 seems to be yet another AMD Radeon Graphics crash in the growing list of https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=radeon%20kw%3Acrash - those are possibly a chipset problem.
- This time it's happening on Win8 only, but there is seems as bad as the b5 crash bug 839270 was :(
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=806786 is a lower-volume but still topcrash problem on NVidia and Intel chipsets
- Database problems are the main issue in 19.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=791958 is #1 and a new problem in this release apparently.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=829927 is another new issue, #5 atm
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=752828 was already high during the 18 release and is in between those
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=843219 Linked in confirmation windows not working
- need better steps to reproduce from reporter
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842473 crash in mozilla::dom::FragmentOrElement::CanSkip with FoxyProxy 4.2
- Unable to reproduce, who can help test OSX 10.8?
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=812695 [D2D] Text Rendering Issues due to Windows 7 Platform Update KB2670838
- Have we been successful in sourcing hardware for Bas?
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=830531 [Win8] crash in XPC_WN_Helper_NewResolve mainly with AMD Radeon
- BSmedberg was debuggin remotely on a computer in MV
- My own testing indicates blocklisting won't work around it
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=843217 Intuit Sites incompatible with PDF.js
- Haven't been able to reproduce, do we have more details from reporters?
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=816976 [10.8] crash in glcGetIOAccelService
- Juan, any luck reproducing? if not will ask Softvision to try overnight
0) question in l10n newsgroup about localized "whats new" pages for FF19
1) lots of mechanics for FF19 migrations, EOL of ESR10, b2g v1.0.1 drop, dogfooders, etc. We think everything is good, so if you see something that looks odd, please file bug in mozilla.org:RelEng.
2) Tracking bugs for future merge days. If you know of anything that is riding the trains, please make sure to link to these tracking bugs.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842863 - Tracking bug for 02-apr-2013 migration work
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842864 - Tracking bug for 14-may-2013 migration work
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842865 - Tracking bug for 25-jun-2013 migration work
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842866 - Tracking bug for 06-aug-2013 migration work
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842868 - Tracking bug for 17-sep-2013 migration work
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842870 - Tracking bug for 29-oct-2013 migration work
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842872 - Tracking bug for 10-dec-2013 migration work
We are seeing more of the same feedback as we saw on Tues. A few new issues. We are in the process of creating comparisons between pdf.js and changes to new tab page to gauge overall acceptance.
pdf-documents i Firefox 19 - How can these be "saved as" pdf on the own computer? Can not find any button or meny for that. I can't download pdf documents since updating to FF 19. I've had to use Safari or Chrome. Disappointing since FF is my default browser.
Don't know how to disable or use alternate viewer:
It takes much longer to load a given page in the viewer than it was when using Adobe Reader. Is there a way to revert to using Adobe Reader again?
Printing Issues: One of the biggest complaints we've seen is the inclusion of the URL Requests: Search, Open in.., Settings button
Seeing feedback that users can't clear recent downlods, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/951103. Not fixed by reset.
- [bajaj] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=784848 - Blocker for aurora ?
- not a blocker for release
- juanb to add manual tests on radeon to the release test plan
- akeybl to file for metrics study around SUMO hits vs 3.6/up ADI
- rail to follow up with RelEng about 834891
- ashughes to get a 10.8 machine to keep in Vancouver (check with joduinn for used test box)