Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- San Francisco Office: SFO-7I Independent (Tues), Noise Pop (Thurs)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Thunderbird (Tue)
- 10 Metrics (Thu)
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Actions
- 13 Triage
- We have found a few bugs which may lead to a dot release(23.0.1) next week
- Check lsblakk's email on release-drivers for more details and below are the bugs on our radar :
- 901527 – Audio static/"burble"/breakup in mozilla to mozilla webrtc calls
- 902349 – crash in nsStyleSet::FileRules with AMD Radeon HD 6310
- 902173 – "[fr] Outils" wrongly translated to "Outils de développement" in menu since FF 23
- 891262 – startup crash in mozilla::gl::GLContextEGL::MakeCurrentImpl @ eglMakeCurrent on LG Optimus Black (LG P970) running GB
- FF24.0beta 1 has gone to build
- Meta bug : Bug 902112 - Tracking bug for build and release of Firefox & Fennec 24.0b1
- Build #2 - Still working on getting windows l10n repacks : Bug 902091 - failed l10n repacks for firefox 24.0b1 on windows
- Releng - build config problem still to fix - bug 903116, will investigate how we will implement en-US only for win32 prior to 6pm
or Execute proposed PlanB: PlanB: If by 6pm Thursday, we are still having problems with windows l10n repacks, then we do planB: 1) RelEng to hack automation to only generate FF24.0b1 en-US builds, and en-US updates. Note: This is unpopular with community+PR, is not risk-free automation-hack and will complicate FF24.0b2 updates next week. 2) RelEng hand en-US builds to QA by 7am PT Friday. QA (tracy) to signoff by 9am PT Friday. Ship FF24.0b1 as en-US only by ~10am PT Friday.
- Check with web-dev
- Fixing Download links
- Offer nothing, or error out, 24 en-US, or older 23
- Mobile respin issues
- Reason for build #2 - Bug 902453 - Simple gUM Test Page demo not working on Firefox for Android (Beta) 24.0 - ReferenceError: browser is not defined -- no media selection prompt
- Fixing Download links
This is verified as fixed
- Reason for build #3 - Bug 902783 - Fx24 Beta: back out Bug 866957 and Bug 877725
- has been kicked off this morning and should be with QA
The request to backout 877725 for aurora and nightly is void at this point, Opt-In UI can remain as is; will write new bug to track modifications per legal and privacy if one does not already exist. Sign-offs : Release Management is expecting sign-offs for tomorrow morning as coordinated with other stake holders. Any concerns ?
- Nothing new.
25 (and more so 26) experienced a spike due to crashes associated with bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=901963 - mozilla::plugins::PluginInstanceChild::SetWindowLongPtrWHook - which was fixed early this morning. It was a Windows 64bit crasher only.
Still early for data here
- Fixed on Nightly - would be nice to get an aurora uplift before turning on updates https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=900393
Reports of a few users losing their bookmarks/ whole profile on update, haven't narrowed it down yet. Alot of user churn over the removal of options from the UI, most around the removal of the option to hide the tab bar. Managable for now, we will watch. We have reached out to marketing and social groups to make sure they are aware of the add-ons tha can restore these options.
- Setting up for TB 24 release. Hit by a few m-c changes, but now pretty much recovered
- TB 24 will be the 'major' release for the next year, taking over from TB 17.
- Starting discussions on if we can merge the ESR and mainstream channels. May or may not hit this by 24.
- TB 25 and onwards are currently hit by needing upgrade to builders, specifically Windows and Linux unit test boxes.
- Desktop Beta notes: https://www-dev.allizom.org/en-US/firefox/24.0beta/releasenotes/
- Mobile Beta notes: https://www-dev.allizom.org/en-US/mobile/24.0beta/releasenotes/