Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Special Topics
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Performance (Thu)
- 6 QE
- 7 RelEng
- 8 User Advocacy
- 9 Roundtable
Aurora/Beta Feature Review (Thursday prior to GA Release)
- 32.0.2 sign off by QE
- Ready to go pending QE sign off
- Apple released 10.9.5 today. This impacts 32.0.2.
- 33 beta 4 Desktop and Mobile are live
- 33 beta 5 desktop gtb today
- A number of e10s crashes are around and have been filed.
- The largest issue is bug 1067311, though, which seems to be caused by bug 1044702 which was apparently supposed to be backed out but that never actually happened.
- Bug 1064107 continues to be the largest issue.
- With bug 1044129 and bug 1037226 uplifted now, we might be good for OMTC/D3D11, but we'll need to see data from builds with both patches in.
- The fix for bug 1063052 was confirmed by QA, we are go for 32.0.2 shipping stability-wise.
- With bug 1067998 uplifted to beta, we'll need to see if that fixes bug 1028802.
- On Nightly, bug 1069369 causes a significant spike atm.
- general thought - we could use a way to test the perf differences on beta/aurora given preferences turned on/off. This has caused a lot of confusion for http2 cache, omtc, directory tiles in the last few months- ideas are welcome, expect more chatter on this throughout Q4.
Same as last week
- summary of regressions: http://goo.gl/FTLx8e (vs v.32)
- Note, this is manual, so we don't have the improvements listed
- ignoring <3% regressions, all others are related to OMTC and Directory Tiles
- New update server is live for Beta channel
- (lmandel) Apple released 10.9.5 today with new gatekeeper that requires v2 signatures. Firefox and Thunderbird are being whitelisted until we can support the requirements in 34. However, turnaround time for whitelisting a build is ~7 days. Point releases like 32.0.2 are impacted. How should we mitigate?
- Add info to the download page about installing until we confirm the whitelist?
- Create Sumo article describing install procedure without the whitelist
- Give all 10.9 users Firefox 32.0.1 on the download page until we confirm the whitelist?