From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
« previous week | index | next week »

Channel Meeting Details

Video/Teleconference Details - NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
  • Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.


sylvestre, lmandel, lizzard, ritu, hwine, kairo, rrayborn, roland, kbrosnan, clarkbw

Schedule Update

  • 38.0.5. In this episode
    • Desktop: 38.0.5 build4 built and live
      • Two drivers (in the context of the big marketing push on this release)
        • bug 1166183: Critical webrtc issue
        • bug 1159973: JS stability
      • We are going to use the beta channel enough time to know if we have the amd crash
      • Affects the 39 beta schedule :(
    • Mobile: still no beta published
      • Blocked on a legal point with AdujstS
      • We should know more today
      • If yes
        • maybe use beta for a day or two in order to test AdjustSDK
        • and I would need a wording for the release notes
      • if no
        • No big reason to do 38.0.5
  • Should we be shipping 39.0b1 today? Or not? Build 2 is ready. Users will not have partial updates available at all, as things stand. We could do a build3 which would mean 38.0.5 RC build 4 users would have partials. Or, just stick with build 2.
    • No. We will plan to ship 39.0b1 mobile Wednesday morning. 39.0b1 desktop will likely be released Thursday.
  • Decision on Dev Edition version for June 2 (hal) (40.0-spring-release) DENIED!!!!


   For Thursday: "change freeze" during whistler


Aurora / Dev Edition

  • Overall rate: 3.3 (target: <1.5)
  • bug 1153256 (HTTP crash with e10s and NoScript) is 7%
  • bug 1163740 (qcms_transform_data_rgb_out_lut_sse1) is 2%



  • Overall rate: 1.35
  • Bug 1159484 Firefox 37.0.2 crashes with Trusteer Rapport - should now be fixed
  • Is bug 1165877 fixed? (Trusteer too)


Performance (Thu)

Aurora / Dev Edition





Aurora / Dev Edition


  • 38.0.5 build4 is on the beta channel, will run final tests for sign-off after this meeting
  • [Andrei Vaida] Is 39.0 Beta 2 still going to land this Friday (29th of May), now that we decided to release build4 of RC 38.0.5?


Action items



User Advocacy

No updates


Special Topics

Aurora/Beta Feature Review

Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)

  • Should we have a 38.0.5 postmortem?
    • Let's do it
    • June 9th

Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)